Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. photogeek1

photogeek1 New Member

Currently just have the UHD3000 connected to my JVC NX5. I'm outputting everything in HDR10 and doing DTM on the PJ. Not sure if this is the best approach or not. I am adding a MadVR Envy processor to the system, which will take over all the DTM and scaling functions. I don't see a passthrough or RAW option for HDR video output in the Zidoo menu. What should I be using going forward?

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

First one in 3 years!! This is the one we were supposed to take in 2020..

dr4go, Cranks and Netmask like this.
  3. Markswift2003

The OP settings are perfect but it's worth looking at LLDV...

4. Markswift2003

Set HDR to Auto for the Envy - that way SDR is SDR, HDR is HDR and DV ( which the Envy can't handle afaik) is HDR.

5. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Hi Mark, is it a very complicated process?

6. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Was this option removed from the Z9X? I can't find it and I would love to check it out since I have a 2.40 screen.

7. Markswift2003

Not really - you fool the Zidoo into outputting BT.2020 LLDV using the built in EDID and selecting Dolby Vision Low Latency in HDR settings.

Then it's a case of creating a custom picture mode in the projector with BT.2020 colour and ST.2084 gamma.

AviatorBimmer likes this.
  8. Markswift2003

No, it's still there.

9. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Oh ok. I'll keep searching around then for more details on how to do all of this. Thanks.

10. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Looked everywhere and can't find it. I'll keep looking for that setting.

11. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Mark knows what it does, but i guess you are looking for this setting.

Screenshot_20220718-161505.png

12. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Hi @TifKag

I do not have that option in my Display settings tab. I have all the others except that screen ratio option.

Could that be a beta firmware feature? I checked my Z9X's firmware and it says I have the latest firmware installed, but I am not using a beta version.

13. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

What's the version number ?

I did some digging.

The Masking was first seen in v6.3.40 (beta)

When your Firmware is older, you don't have the function.

It used to be in another place before they placed it in the display settings.

Try this:
    1 Start a movie
    2 When the movie is running, press the menu buttun and a slide out tansparant menu will appear.
    3 Look for it there (Advanced Settings --> Screen Cover)

06.png

Last edited: Jul 18, 2022
  14. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

Thanks for checking! I will check my version and your other suggestion as soon as I get home from work. Is it 5 yet?

15. AviatorBimmer

AviatorBimmer New Member

@TifKag

I was able to see the "Screen Cover" setting while playing a movie:

35E5C62A-87A4-482D-BEB8-D962DB50B098.jpeg

But not from within the main settings page:

8181C485-6025-4E7C-B1C8-3E77468F59FE.jpeg

My current firmware is v6.3.60

C4D29A34-15C5-4841-876C-04D572AEF691.jpeg

16. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Sorry for the late reply.

Well deserved, have fun :cool:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  17. TifKag

TifKag Active Member

Great, so your set to use the function now.

If you want it to be in the Display section, you'll have to update with a Beta manually.

Edit: Maybe it would be handy to put the Zidoo Model and FW version in your signature (would be handy to do that for everyone BTW)

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
  18. enry184

enry184 Member

Hello everybody. I own a Zidoo Z9X, I am very enthusiastic about this media player, everything works perfectly and very well. I have only a small problem with Dolby Vision films and that is that both the mkv and the ISO bluray, every 30 - 40 minutes the image goes away for a fraction of a second becoming the black screen, why? With HDR10 movies, on the other hand, no problem, it's perfect. The Zidoo has the latest firmware V6.4.06_G and is connected to a Sony Bravia KD65-AF9. Thanks to who will answer me.

19. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

May be more of a network issue - are you using WiFi or Ethernet?
    DV files often have a higher bitrate than standard HDR10, so it could be a network "throughput" issue with your files. You could even have something else on your network causing interference, every 30-40 minutes.
    If it is with a USB attached hard drive, you may have another issue somewhere (it is certainly not normal for black screens to appear, ever).

20. enry184

enry184 Member

The Zidoo is connected via ethernet. I see the movies only locally and all the mkv and ISO bluray are loaded into a usb 3.0 hard drive and the problem I mentioned in my previous message happens. I tried to change hard drives but the problem remains