Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's very kind :)

2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Markswift2003,

When using the Direct Output Mode (Frame-Rate and Resolution + HDMI Mode AUTO), is there an image processing (sharpness, etc...) that is done by the Zidoo or the signal is sent directly without any processing to the Tv or projector ?

Thank you

xskip likes this.
  3. Markswift2003

If you match frame rate, resolution and HDR mode, that's basically Source Direct, so no - there is no processing going on.

You also need to match the Display/Color Settings as close as possible to the content as per the first post. The small caveat there is that most content is encoded at 420 but you can't choose that for 23~30fps as it's not a legal HDMI mode, so you go for 444 which is lossless.

arrypo and Sh1no8i like this.
  4. OlivierQC

About the HDMI norme there is no problem.

In fact it was to know if the Zidoo used filters for improved sharpness even when we using the Direct Output Mode,...and you answer no, it's perfect because I want no image processing and if necessary I will use those from my Sony TV.

Thank you Mark

5. Markswift2003

I always turn off every filter, motion enhancer and any other processing I can find on my displays.

6. OlivierQC

Yes me too,

7. OlivierQC

Hello Markswift2003,

Sorry but I'm not sure to understand the use of these 2 options (HDMI mode and Frame Rate mode)

What is the exact function of the HDMI mode option ? is it only to choose the resolution of the GUI (ZIUI)...or for the direct output and/or to choose to force a resolution if I wish.

To use Direct Output Video, only the option ''Frame Rate and Resolution'' is required ?

If i choose ''Frame-rate only'' and HDMI mode ''Auto'' ....will I have the same result than ''Frame-Rate and Resolution'' ?

Sorry if I'm not clear in my explanations

8. Markswift2003

HDMI Mode lets you chose the resolution of the GUI.

If you set HDMI Mode to "Auto" then the GUI will set to the highest resolution that the display allows.

If you set "Frame-rate Only" then all content will be output at the GUI resolution.

So for Direct Output you must set "Frame-rate and Resolution" and it doesn't matter what HDMI Mode you set.

xskip likes this.
  9. OlivierQC

Thank you for this clarification :)

10. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

OLED TV LG OLED55C9PLA.AEU, Smart-

AV RECEIVER DENON AVR-X1300W

Samsung UBD-K8500 UHD Blu ray player

Zidoo Z1000 Pro Media Player

Zvučnici

BOWERS & WILKINS HTM62 S2 centar

Bowers & Wilkins 606 front speakers

Bowers & Wilkins DM 302 surround speakers

Dali Alteco C-1 Atmos Speakers

Jamo E4SUB.4

HDMI kablovi

Kabel AUDIOQUEST HDMI PEARL 2 m

please help i have this home theater system and at the urging of a friend i put it together like this but i'm not sure if it's correct 1.Zidoo Z1000 Pro Media Player I connected hdmi to oled lg 55 c9 and from oled to DENON AVR-X1300W the amplifier neatly shows me the Atmos whether the good is so connected or you still need the classic one in the amplifier, so from the amplifier to the ice, thanks for the answer

11. Markswift2003

If I've understood correctly, you should connect with HDMI cables like this:

1. Zidoo Z1000 > Denon AVR

2. Samsung BluRay > Denon AVR

3. Denon AVR > LG TV

Boris 1956 likes this.
  12. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

thanks for the answer

13. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

something else to ask whether to put this on Z1000-Pro_P_v6.0.80_202012111859_ota-package

14. Markswift2003

I would currently recommend staying at v6.0.60

Boris 1956 likes this.
  15. Boris 1956

Boris 1956 Member

thanks just one more question how to set this up to see a real Dolby Vision 2160p.UHD.BluRay.Remux.HEVC.DoVi.TrueHD.7.1

16. Markswift2003

It needs to be an MKV rip only and it must only have a Minimal Enhancement Layer (MEL).

Full Enhancement Layer (FEL) titles will play only the HDR10/HDR10+ base layer.

Just set HDR to "Auto"

Boris 1956 likes this.
  17. OlivierQC

Hello,

For having tried both, I prefer to connect my zidoo to the hdmi 1 of my TV and used the eARC with my pioneer receiver.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  18. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

looking at the stats for the
    AVR-X1300W
    it isnt hdr10+ or hlg pass throu (hlg was firmware update i read later)

was going to say z1000 into the tv ,and eArc back to get hdr10+ ,but im not sure the
    AVR-X1300W does eArc to get the atmos plus just checked and the C9 doesnt do hdr10+ anyways

so best is z1000 to denon to tv and bluray to denon to tv

you can download dv test files from part 4 here
    https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples
    or here
    https://www.makemkv.com/download/dvtest/

if DV DA isnt coming up it may be an HDMI cable issue ..i had to upgrade my aliexpess certified 8k veniton leads to a local version ,which cleared any issue i was having

Boris 1956 likes this.
  19. Sam135

Sam135 New Member

Hi all,

Just wondering what video data appears when you press "info" with products that have this chipset.

Do you get live bit rate data like you do on the Oppo 203 as well and min /max nits for HDR , HDR10+ and DV? Any screenshots would be wonderful. I have the Dune 4K Pro II and all bit data is static (or averaged) and no min/max nits data. Kind of annoying really...Thinking of getting the new UHD3000.

Cheers

fedofed likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

You don't get live bit rate but you do get HDR info.

**Note that these screens are superimposed over the playing video but this will not show on a screenshot due to video being overlay**

If played from scraped movies in HT4, pressing <Info> gets this:

Screenshot_20201221-092317.png

Then pressing <More> gets in depth Media Info which can be scrolled - gives detailed video/audio/subtitle/chapter info:

Screenshot_20201221-092355.png

And if you press <Info> when playing a file from Media Center - ie not in HT4, you get this:

Screenshot_20201221-092614.png

And of course full Media Info the same as before if you press <More>

Cyclion likes this.