Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Good morning to all of you........ well, the squeal when there is an interruption in the audio / video stream, depends exclusively on the Ampli, unfortunately Anthem is recognized as fantastic in terms of the quality of its devices (including active acoustic correction) but, also for being extremely picky as for its connections, you have to find the right cable, which Anthem likes. For the rest, I was focusing on NFS because I thought there was more bandwidth but, reading it, I have to change my mind ...... Now I don't know if it's a question of Firmware or Chip but, for example, I can't get the ISO UHD to read smoothly, they are all one click, in fact I don't use even one ....... I thank you infinitely for making me participate in your experiences and I wish you a good day, Andrea.

2. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Member

Hello , I have the same stuttering problem with UHD ISO files and 4lk mkvs of over 30Gb. this with both NFS and SMB

andreamusso.am likes this.
  3. Ulrich Hühnerwadl

Ulrich Hühnerwadl New Member

Yes, same problem here. Not nice.

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Hi @Markswift2003 or anyone, I’ve bought a new power block and the Z9X plug is very lose and unstable connected to it. Even though it still works, it doesn’t give me a peace of mind.

Should there be any problem if I replace the power supply cable with a UK plug (similar 12v 2A)?

EDIT: I’ve found a 12v 3A, would it work?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The connector is either a 2.0 or 2.1mm DC jack (center pin positive which the vast majority of them are).

If it's a bit loose, as long as the box isn't constantly rebooting the connection is fine so I wouldn't worry.

But if you want to change it, any regulated 12v dc 2A (or above) power supply will be perfectly fine as long as the plug fits the box. A 12v dc 3A supply is absolutely no issue whatsoever - you can't supply too much current - the box only takes what it needs (and that is considerably less than the 2A rating of the original).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
    ammar11 likes this.
  6. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Thanks Mark! I don’t know anything about electricity, glad we have you around. :)

Markswift2003 likes this.
  7. Hello everyone, in your opinion, in addition to disconnecting the power for a few minutes after an update, it would also be a good thing to restore the device to factory conditions? (Not with the .img but, just reset all the settings you had and then do it all over again?) ......... Thanks a lot again in advance, good day, Andrea.

8. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

In all the years ……..just by following a firmware update and power off reset ive never needed to restore unit to factory settings .

9. Ok, thanks for the information.......... I reset but, every time to put all the parameters back ........... Without knowing then, if it was necessary to reset ..... Thank you very much and have a good day, Andrea.

10. Markswift2003

I did ask for a function to export settings to a file so settings would be easy to restore - would also help immensely with diagnostics - I must follow that up!

vddan likes this.
  11. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

It might be a good idea to make screenshots of the setting pages and store them on your mobile or tablet.

12. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Would perfectly fit into the quick setting app.

13. I'm here again to disturb you ..... For me, it has always been a desire (if it can be done), to take the files in the "Multimedia Section", the ones that HT absolutely cannot scrape, and somehow to be able to add them and dedicate a cover to them ... .. Do you think it could be proposed? Is it feasible in theory? Thanks in advance to all of you, Andrea.

14. Markswift2003

You've always been able to do that using the web interface:

http://<IP_ADDRESS>:9528

If you're not sure go to HT4/Settings/About and the address (and a QR code) is there.

15. Markswift2003

Exactly - I think it'd be a really handy little utility.

16. Hi Mark I know I am clumsy but, I entered from the browser where you told me but, how do I "Copy" a folder that is not in HT in HT, from "Multimedia Center" from the Browser? I also have 2 films that are already in HT but, among "The Others", that is, it was not possible to make a cover to launch the vision. In this second case, what can I do? The denomination is exactly that of tmdb ......... Of course, if something I can't make it "Appear" in HT, I know and if I want to watch it, I rely on Multimedia Center, it's not the end of the world ....... Thanks in advance and in any case, Andrea.

17. Markswift2003

For a folder to appear in HT4 it must first be added as a “source”.

Then HT4 will attempt to scan them and those that are not recognised will appear as “unmatched” and can then be matched manually in the web interface.

18. OK thanks but how do you combine them with the web version? Excuse my ignorance..... Do with tranquility, in the meantime it is not an urgent thing, God forbid ....

19. Markswift2003

So once the videos are in HT4 but unmatched, go to the unmatched videos in the Poster section of the web interface (from memory, the 3rd icon down on the left hand side but forgive if that’s wrong - we’re currently outside in the garden making pizza would you believe!).

Then select the video you want, click the edit icon (looks like a pen) and you can enter all details, title etc, and add your own art.

If you get stuck I’ll send some screen shots tomorrow.

Right - back to the pizza dough :)

20. emh

emh New Member

Many thanks for sharing the settings. Besides a 4K TV, I also use a Full HD Projector with BT709. I prefer the HDR-SDR conversion of the player compared to hdfury Diva. Would you mind making some recommendations in this scenario?

Thanks,