Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

There are no special settings with MakeMKV.

Have you got match framerate switched on?

Settings/Playback/Automatic frame rate/Frame rate mode: Switch frame rate and resolution

2. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

@JOE9007
    If @Markswift2003 suggestion not help then try use Handbrake or similar to encode to x264 with deinterlace bob or EDDI2 bob.
    PAL DVD rip/remux are in general problematic with android players.

3. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

Hi
    @Mark "Have you got match framerate switched on?" Absolutely yes
    @pcristi "try use Handbrake or similar to encode to x264" Ok I try and let you know.

The strange thing is that this problem of low video quality and shots i only have them on these two titles.
    On others, always in 720x576 25i format, they are reproduced well.
    Thank you ;)

joe

4. JOE9007

JOE9007 Member

@pcristi
    Thanks for the advice you gave me.
    With Handbrake I have encoded everything in x264 and now it looks very good.
    The video is very smooth with few artifacts.
    ;);)

joe

pcristi likes this.
  5. george kmb

george kmb New Member

Ok guys dont know if this is the right place for my question but here it goes:
    I have a denon 4400h and output to my philips 70pus7304 4k tv and my optoma hd131x 1080p projector. On the denon i have connected my ps4 pro, a sony x700 player and my zidoo z9x. The thing is i have picture on my projector from my other sources but not from the zidoo. Any ideas why this is happening? Thanks in advance.

6. compingharry

compingharry New Member

I do not get this one: "
    Since video is encoded at 16-235 in 8-bit (DVD & BluRay) and 64-940 in 10-bit (UHD BluRay) the correct setting is 16-235 for both but usually Auto is fine too." Does that mean HDMI Range switches automatically when playing UHD even when Range is not set to Auto...or would you have to switch manually to 64-940 when playing UHD if Range is not set to Auto? (Especially the "for both" part I do not get...

7. Markswift2003

That setting should probably be labelled "Full Range" and "Limited Range" (but then people might set "Full Range" thinking incorrectly that it was better...)

If you set 16-235 that means 16-235 for 8-bit content and 64-940 for 10-bit.

8. compingharry

compingharry New Member

Thank you...That's why I didn't get it...I'll adjust that in my notes :)

9. Markswift2003

What happens if you unplug the Philips and just have Zidoo>Amp>Projector?

10. george kmb

george kmb New Member

hmmm i'll give it a try and come back with the results Mark

Markswift2003 likes this.
  11. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

I have a basic question about media players. is there a media player that brings the films to the hard drive, via passthrough, on my television? Because I think that my TV produces the best picture out of a movie.

12. Markswift2003

Yes, pretty much all of them will do that.

13. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

For me, that means my Zidoo X20 and the Zidoo UHD 3000 can do it too? Do I just have to take your settings at the beginning of this thread? Thank you for your quick reply.

14. Markswift2003

Yes, exactly.

The main thing is to make sure auto framerate and resolution are enabled and HDR is set to Auto.

15. Good morning everyone and good morning Mark ...... I would like to ask you which setting to use in the HDR section, "Dolby Vision Compatible Mode" ........ Keep in mind that I use the setting to have DV in both 4K HDR and DV proper. As hardware I have the Zidoo Z9x and as a TV a Sony KD-65 X9305 compatible with Dolby Vision. Thanks in advance, I wish everyone a good day, Andrea. PS .: I finally updated and went to Sign 6.3.12

16. Markswift2003

I believe that TV only supports LLDV (Player Led) Dolby Vision in which case the setting for "Dolby Vision Compatible Mode" must be "Priority LLDV..."

17. You can see it both ways (I only tried on 2 films) but, I could not understand well from the images which was better for almost all of the contents. Thank you so much my friend, you are kind, helpful and quick as always ....... A good evening, Andrea.

18. Markswift2003

Thinking about it, because your TV EDID does not allow TV Led Dolby Vision, it actually doesn't matter which setting you choose because the TV Led setting will always be ignored, but I would choose LLDV for neatness.

If you want me to check the EDID to be sure, download it using "Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID" and I'll have a look:

upload_2021-6-21_16-57-32.png
    You'll neat to change the filename from .bin to .txt to post on the forum.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  19. As always you are very kind ... Now I can't but, tomorrow today I will surely let you have the EDID file, renamed to .txt Thanks a lot again, Andrea.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Markswift2003 likes this.
  20. Hi Mark, I wrote to you yesterday but, I see that my post is gone ..... I am attaching the EDID file renamed to txt Thanks again and good day, Andrea.

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views: