Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Valary

Valary New Member

Hi!

I've installed the new firmware and it seems everything works much better!!!
    I still have an issue with HD sound, Any hope that it will be fixed in future updates?
    This could be solved by using KODI, because it has very flexible sound settings and I'm able to tune passthrough for DTS HD, DTS, Dolby Digital, and Dolby Atmos separately, but unfortunately, I was able to run DV only with internal player. KODI release for DV just run HDR10.

Another problem is I still have some sort of incapability between Box and TV. When I just use Zidoo - I don't have any problems with the HDMI modes I had before. But if I switch to TV programs or Youtube on TV, anything different from HDMI, when I return to Zidoo, I got again no signal picture on my TV and it restores only when I change resolution mode on Ziddo using a remote.

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I may have found the problem with DTS-HD.

According to the EDID, your soundbar does not support DTS HD. I just tried your soundbar EDID on my setup and the Zidoo played DTS-HD and it should not do that.

So if the Zidoo is playing DTS-HD into your soundbar, and the soundbar does not support DTS-HD, all you will hear is silence.

Does this sound like what is happening?

I'll pass this info onto the devs.

3. Valary

Valary New Member

Yes, It's exactly as you described. By some reason, Zidoo does not take into consideration that the soundbar does not support DTS - HD and delivers it to the soundbar instead of delivering DTS Core or even send PCM to the soundbar.
    As well in addition to EDID procession maybe it makes sense to just add separate settings to the system? I really like how it's done in Kodi and I think you can handle every single situation with the manual settings of passthrough mode for each codec ( I believe there are not much of it : Dolby AC3, Dolby EAC3, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, DTS, DTS HD, DTS X)

4. Markswift2003

I've sent an email so let's see what they say - I'll let you know.

5. Valary

Valary New Member

Thank you!

Markswift2003 likes this.
  6. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

For me DTS-HD passthrough on Zidoo Z9X for mkv files are lottery can get DTS or DTS-HD even audio is set HDMI RAW.
    After warm reboot when start play from HT 4.0 DTS-HD passthrough as DTS core for almost of test mkv files. To fix I select other track witch are AC3 then switch back to DTS-HD and are passthrough correct like DTS-HD.
    On Zidoo X9s/Z9S DTS-HD are always passthrough correct for same video files which make problems on Z9X.

7. Markswift2003

That's really odd - I've never had that problem, DTS-HD always passes as DTS-HD in both RAW and AUTO.

Can you send me a short file to test?

8. Markswift2003

Just to check - do you have Amp Compatibility Mode turned on?

"Settings/Audio/Pass-through AMP Compatible Mode"

9. vddan

vddan Active Member

If that can help you, I had the DTS HD problem with my personal edid, which I fixed with a custom edid !!

10. Markswift2003

This is an issue where the Sound Bar does not support DTS-HD, the EDID is correct and does not include DTS-HD, but the Zidoo still plays DTS-HD anyway.

11. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

On my side it also works with my DTS HD, X etc...

12. Valary

Valary New Member

Yes, I've tried it both ways -it does not help. But, actually it was with the previous version of the firmware. Will try again today later.

13. Markswift2003

I don't think it will make any difference - I got a reply from Zidoo this morning asking if you used Compatibility Mode but I have also tried it both ways with your EDID and in both cases, DTS-HD was still played.

I've sent them your EDID so it's very easy for the engineers to test.

14. Valary

Valary New Member

Yes, I've checked it again with different sound settings - I have no difference after all. No sound with DTS sound without setting general limitation to HD sound.
    Also could you please explain or send me a link what means setting about HDMI Rx ( It can be PCM or RAW). It's in additional settings of the system in the developer options. I have not noticed that it has any influence on something,

15. Markswift2003

There's no need to look in developer settings as all settings relevant to the box are broken out into the GUI.

I think you mean "HDMI output" under "Audio" (HDMI Rx is the HDMI version of the HDMI In - 1.4 or 2)

These are the same settings you find in the GUI under "HDMI Audio", so again, no need to go into the developer settings for them.

16. Can you share the settings you're using? I'll also be using the Z9X with an LG CX soon and would appreciate any feedback.

17. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

Sure

Firstly I use the settings from the first post in this thread http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...f-for-rtd1619-players-includes-unbrick.82695/

There have been a few new settings added since that was posted and I keep them to the defaults

So I have:

'Display\Colour Settings\HDMI signal format' set to 'Enhanced format'

'Display\HDR' - I have it set to 'Dolby Vision VS10 Engine(For SDR content)'. No reason other than preference.

'Display\Dolby Vision compatible mode' is set to 'Priority LLDV(Player led)'

Display HDCP - is set to OFF

If you plan to use ARC (or eARC) from the TV to an AVR or soundbar I suggest you buy a CEC less adaptor to place between the Z9X and the HDMI cable as the Z9X plays havoc with ARC otherwise.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/3030558945

18. I understand that there are black level issues when engaging the VS10 engine, is that not the case or do you just prefer to enable it regardless?
    Thanks for the suggestion of the CEC stripper, I ordered one just in case as I would indeed like to use ARC functionality for my receiver (Denon X1500).

19. Markswift2003

Sorry to butt in, but because it's a Dolby Vision display, using "VS10 Engine for SDR" outputs SDR content in Dolby Vision and although there is a very slight issue with the VS10 DV background layer which is only applicable to cropped video as detailed in the Black Issue thread, this is negligible compared to the raised black floor when outputting SDR or HDR in VS10.

20. So you are saying that using VS10 for SDR content is a bad idea because theres a small problem (background layers wrong) as well as a big problem (raised black floor)? Asking for clarification because english is not my first language.