Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. MsieurSeb

MsieurSeb Member

Hello,

Can you confirm that the rear USB ports are really USB3? I tested the front and rear ones and I still upload at 40mb/s while on my PC, I am at 60mb/s. (UHD 3000)

2. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

The Z1000 Pro box just got delivered, surprised how quickly it came and how large the packaging box is! Quite excited to get this set up tonight.
    Think I'll spend some time reading this thread first and get the latest firmware downloaded ready for tonight.

3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

It's a great box! It takes some getting used to but provides great PQ - enjoy!

4. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

What firmware is this?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  5. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo

6. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Mark, sorry for asking directly I know you have the faq on the first page and I have read it, but still a bit confused as I am new to DV on the Zidoos. On the hdr setting shall I use Dolby Vision vs10 engine for hdr? As I understand it, this will play hdr10 in hdr10, Dolby vision content in DV and sdr content in DV? Right? And so this looks like a good global setting to have all bases covered for both hdr 10, DV and SDR content?

and does this setting display accurately all the different formats?

loving the new box by the way, faster than the z10 and the Bluetooth remote is a god send, everything is more smoother and faster, loving it so far....

7. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

Mark is likely fast asleep now, let me try to help. In HDR settings, there are 4 Dolby Vision options:

1. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine
    • SDR - will be converted and output to DV
    • HDR10 - HDR10 metadata from the file will be converted and output to DV
    • MEL DV - MEL metadata from the file will be used and output to DV
    • FEL DV - base HDR10 metadata from the file will be converted and output to DV
    2. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for SDR
    • HDR10 - HDR10 metadata from the file will be used and output to HDR10
    • MEL DV- MEL metadata from the file will be used and output to DV
    • FEL DV- base HDR10 metadata from the file will be used and output to HDR10
    3. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR
    • SDR - will remain as SDR
    4. Dolby Vision Low Latency
    • SDR - will be converted and output to LLDV
    • HDR10 - HDR10 metadata from the file will be converted and output to LLDV
    • MEL DV - MEL metadata from the file will be used and output to LLDV
    • FEL DV - base HDR10 metadata from the file will be converted and output to LLDV

5. Auto (for comparison)
    • HDR10- HDR10 metadata from the file will be used and output to HDR10
    This is assuming your TV supports Dolby Vision, not sure how it will handle if not. In my setup, options 3 & 5 will output DV in standard DV or LLDV depending on the DV compatibility mode setting.

Dimasi, Zigourney and Markswift2003 like this.
  8. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

So theoretically the Zidoo can achieve the same functionality?

9. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Both with the same chipset should achieve the same Dolby Vision playback functions eventually as each other .
    Its who gets there first and stability to boot .

10. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Great, hopefully that is why it is all quiet in Zidoo land, working hard to be the best...

Cyclion and DELUCAS like this.
  11. DELUCAS

Yes Zidoo have competition now !
    We must be due an update very soon
    Hopefully a small one just to get it fully stable on the VS10 side of things .
    But More VS10 settings id imagine .
    Maybe a hidden easter egg .

12. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Yep - I was fast asleep ;)

compingharry and ammar11 like this.
  13. Markswift2003

Just to add to what @ammar11 said, Dolby Vision VS10 Engine For HDR is the same as Auto with the exception that HDR is output via VS10.

Similarly, Dolby Vision VS10 Engine For SDR is the same as Auto except SDR is output via VS10 so it depends how you want each type of content handled.

To be fair, in most cases, Auto is the appropriate setting so SDR is SDR, HDR is HDR and DV is DV.

We have to be careful when talking about the output of VS10 because it depends on the capabilities of the display - so for DV displays, VS10 outputs in DV*, for HDR displays it outputs in HDR (processed by VS10) and for SDR displays it outputs in SDR (processed by VS10).

* either Standard DV or LLDV depending on both display capabilities and DV compatibility settings.

If you're still not sure, tell me how you want each mode handled and I'll tell you the right settings ;)

ammar11 and Zigourney like this.
  14. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

@Markswift2003 @ammar11

Thanks for the info - I have consolidated both your comments into one below. I think the next step is to add to the below 5 headings, an additional single bullet point for each, stating how accurate the Vs10 engine is in terms of picture quality output i.e. colour, gamma, tone mapping, for example if the "picture is washed out for SDR" or not, or "incorrect raised black levels etc." So a single bullet point on the end which states the accuracy of the overall picture quality for that setting.

After that we defo need to make the below a sticky on the front page faq. Trust me it will help the newbies like me and save you guys time repeating stuff! I will digest and test the below before I start to throw more questions ofcourse and many thanks for your time and efforts it helps massively for people who do not understand the finer detail, but want the best in terms of evolving picture quality, that's why we buy stuff like this, we want the best because we enjoy it!

In HDR settings, there are 4 Dolby Vision options:

1. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine
    2. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for SDR
    • HDR10 - HDR10 metadata from the file will be used and output to HDR10
    • This setting is the same as Auto with the exception that SDR is output via VS10
    3. Dolby Vision VS10 Engine for HDR
    • This setting is the same as Auto with the exception that HDR is output via VS10
    4. Dolby Vision Low Latency
    • SDR - will be converted and output to LLDV
    • HDR10 - HDR10 metadata from the file will be converted and output to LLDV
    • MEL DV - MEL metadata from the file will be used and output to LLDV
    • FEL DV - base HDR10 metadata from the file will be converted and output to LLDV
    5. Auto (for comparison)
    • HDR10- HDR10 metadata from the file will be used and output to HDR10
    • In most cases, Auto is the appropriate setting so SDR is SDR, HDR is HDR and DV is DV
    The above assumes your TV supports Dolby Vision. We have to be careful when talking about the output of VS10 because it depends on the capabilities of the display:
    • For DV displays, VS10 outputs in DV either Standard DV or LLDV (depending on both display capabilities and DV compatibility settings).
    • For HDR displays, it outputs in HDR (processed by VS10).
    • for SDR displays, it outputs in SDR (processed by VS10).

ammar11 likes this.
  15. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

This is all looking very good indeed :)

16. Markswift2003

To be fair, it's already there under "HDR SETTINGS FROM v6.0.50"

xskip likes this.
  17. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

yes you are right and it is there...but when looked at that the first time around, I couldnt gauge all of the above from the 5 bullet points from the table in the faq. But now having read the 5 bullet points and if I now go back to the table on the front page I can see the same info is there in a tabular format. The tabular format speaks less and makes the reader who understands it to interpret it. But if you don't understand it to begin with, you wont be able to interpret it without the narrative, which the 5 bullet points above now provides.

18. DELUCAS

Agree someone could accidently download it by miss reading it .
    There just showing a new update is out for the Dune .

Its not for the Zidoo !!
    Dont download it !!

Zigourney likes this.
  19. leonkoum

leonkoum Active Member Beta test group

Let’s hope to see something similar-or better- in our Zidoo device very ... ‘soon’ :(

Cyclion likes this.
  20. VANLUC

VANLUC New Member

DOLBY VISION OR NOT DOBLY VISION ?????????? MARK SWIFT ????

I just want that "Mark" explain how to do the same thing with a "Zidoo" player .........