Recommended Settings and other useful stuff for RTD 1619DR Players

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Markswift2003, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

no matter if I choose 4K 50~60Hz or 4K 23~24~25Hz
    at 12Bit my TV shows only 8Bit only if I set to Auto or HDR it shows everything correctly

when I watch via Oppo UHD Disc everything is displayed correctly

2. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

If you use VS10 output depending on your display device it is likely it is rgb tunelling

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I thought that too but he said the output was 422 8-bit and tunneling uses RGB 8-bit.

4. Markswift2003

Why are you setting 12-bit anyway? There's absolutely no reason to do that and several reasons why you shouldn't.

The only mode for which 12-bit is applicable is LLDV which overrides the standard settings (Standard DV uses 8-bit RGB with HDMI tunneling).

nc88keyz and xskip like this.
  5. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

yes sure, but that's what I wrote, zidoo sells us a dolby vision fake ! to bring it better to the customer, I do not like that at all, I do not like people who lie ..zidoo in the future I will not buy from you ... the box is so and so a beta box we customers do the work of zidoo

zidoo in the future no more with me !!!

Attached Files:

6. Markswift2003

You don't seem to understand how Dolby Vision works - it uses 8-bit RGB to tunnel the 12-bit signal using a lower bandwidth so it can stay compatible with HDMI 1.4.

The Zidoo handles Dolby Vision correctly.

DennisTheMenace and xskip like this.
  7. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

this is not native dobly vision, this is more of an upscale ... my oppo shows true 4k dolby vision

8. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Your inability to understand the technical aspects of Dolby Vision should not be considered as a bug...

As Mark already said, the Zidoo handles Dolby Vision correctly.

compingharry, Cyclion, xskip and 3 others like this.
  9. Kenshin

Kenshin Member

you are his lawyer ? or the ass kis..r ? you both do not understand .. the zidoo dolby vision is not transmitted correctly

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  10. Sledgehamma

11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Very Funny,

He is right though they should make it clear it is intended for streaming Dolby Vision (although Netflix hasn’t worked for ages).
    IF they can fully support profile 7 MKV like some other devices have recently been reported to then that is a different ball game ;-)

12. Sledgehamma

Well, his questiones were regarding the bit depth and not on DV profile support. So not sure why you bring it up here?
    Zidoo has never stated that profile 7 is supported. You can read this in my review and Zidoo said it themselves (here for example: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/zidoo-z9x.80006/#post-129912)
    What they are doing for profile 7 MEL is using the RPU (dynamic meta data). For FEL they might be able to do the same, and thus ignoring the EL.
    Others aren't able to "fully support profile 7", either...

However, I think you are right and they should state this under technical specifications of the device so that its clear for everybody without reading the forum.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  13. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

He may not understand it but for LG C9 or CX, he's correct though. Setting to LLDV, Zidoo shows 422 12-bits, but if you check TV info it says 422 8-bits.

I own a C9, I'm not sure what's going on, I'm not en expert myself but I've learned to live with it thinking there's a miscommunication or something somewhere.

14. Sledgehamma

Its just a display issue on the LG. Mark explained it to me because I see the same thing with my Philips TV. The problem with 2160p 4:2:2 is that it the bandwidth isn't increased when you go from 8 bits to 12 bits. As a result your TV has to guess.
    So I'd trust the Zidoo in this case.

Markswift2003 and ammar11 like this.
  15. Markswift2003

It's exactly that - the Zidoo outputs 12-bit 422 per spec for LLDV as confirmed using an HDFury Vertex.

xskip likes this.
  16. ammar11

Thanks! I think that’s the answer he’s looking for.

17. Markswift2003

I doubt it :D

HomeTheaterMax and Sledgehamma like this.
  18. ammar11

lol.

19. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

Is it possible that we can get a setting that only a Fel dv mkv will be played with vs10 ? So I can play all my hdr videos (dv, hdr10..) natively (Hdr set to auto) but only when a Fel video is played it will use the vs10 (dv)
    Or is this useless ?

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say

ammar11 likes this.
  20. Markswift2003

Understand what you mean, but I'm not sure why you would want HDR10 from a FEL presentation converted to DV using VS10 but leave other HDR10 content alone?

You're not really gaining anything unless you prefer the look of the HDR10 > DV conversion, but in that case why not just set to LLDV or VS10 and let the engine convert all HDR10 (and supported DV will pass through natively).

That's what I do - I set HDR to LLDV so all content is output in LLDV and it all looks a lot more balanced - the SDR and HDR to DV conversion is excellent - colours are correct, tone mapping is spot on and you get better chroma alignment, so less banding

DennisTheMenace likes this.