Recommended Settings and other knowhow for HiFi players/playback

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 26, 2021.

1. ATROX

ATROX New Member

I mostly use a different player. PowerAMP.
    He has the ability to play music in Hi-Res formats.
    It has easy navigation and visualization.
    I'm chatting with the developer asking him to add support for Zidoo (on my Z10 Pro) playing Hi-Res audio.
    Maybe if I give him a driver that uses MP6 (not standard Android) it will help solve the problem...

andrewrona likes this.
  2. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Have you tried foobar 2000 for Hi Res stuff? Only asking as I've been using it for quite a while on my PC. I'm now experimenting with it, with my external USB DAC using a laptop I've borrowed with my daughter. Very early days as yet but so far very positive.

3. ATROX

ATROX New Member

Foobar is good. But its core uses FFmpeg. On Zidoo I not testing :(. And this is primarily Linux.
    I have a good AMP (but it has a good DAC). I need either normal PCM or RAW (native, e.g. DSD) format on HDMI.

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Right. I'm trying to eek out more than I'm getting at the moment from my DAC. I seem to be limited to DSD128 unless I use Windows, when its capability is supposed to go up to DSD512. Not that I will hear the difference but I'd like to try. Got it working last night using my Daughter's laptop - difficult to sat categorically but the DSD128's I have sounded superb - better than via Zidoo using MP 6 and better than from my Android Tablet, using UAPP ? Cannot say as yet. But I'm busying myself reading wads of stuff, particularly Foobar 2000 for Dummies to see what I need to do to extract the higher resolutions of DSD256 & 512

5. cyber201

cyber201 Member

I would like to share my experience.
    Now I am trying Zidoo as USB DAC IN.
    I have connected an Intel NUC with software Daphile to UHD3000 with a USB cable. I have installed Tidal app and the sound is very good.
    Much more clear than Tidal APP or UAPP installed directly into UHD3000.

Daphile recognize automaticaly the internal DAC.
    See my attach.

The last but not least, I can control Daphile with Orange Squeeze for Android... Great solution.

Attached Files:

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Hhhmm interesting. I will give it a try and use my Z9X with MP6/UAPP with USB Output active connected to USB-IN of my UHD3000 and check if it sounds any different?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  7. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I suggest that specific UHD3000 audio issues are confined to one of the many UHD threads springing up right now please? It doesn't need a degree in investigation to choose a more relevant thread for these.

Maybe we should have sub-forums for each of the RTD 1619DR players?

And Also can we define: -

a. Which players are considered HiFi models
    b. Which players are considered High-End models

And to define what the differences are please?

Thanks

8. Nice Monkey

For the time being not really needed I feel. There is a dedicated thread for HiFi player UHD3000. UHD2000 and High End player Z1000 Pro already. Z9X and Z10 Pro are both standard players.

High End Players get the Black GUI/Launcher home page and the BT V8 remote control and HiFi players on top of that an extra DAC Panel with RCA and XLR outputs. Functionally they still are almost identical regarding FW features and HW differences were summarized already by me here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...w-about-the-new-rtd1619dr-based-models.80434/
    High End is till now mostly about the nice sturdy chassis/housing and Internal PSU not about features.

The only older High End player with RTD1596 SOC is X20 and older HiFi players with RTD1596 SOC are X20 Pro and UHD2000.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  9. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I disagree - If there is a dedicated UHD3000 thread then I for one find having to look for it rather laborious but more importantly does not lend itself to members posting in it - they create new threads.

If there were sub forums for each player the mish-mash of posts could be easily tidied up making posting much easier.

There are too many variables with how the players are classed. And you said here: - http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...w-about-the-new-rtd1619dr-based-models.80434/ that "The Z1000 Pro model was upgraded to be a High End (like X20 before) including the fancy Black GUI/Launcher home page." The fact that this post and others are constantly updated doesn't help in that for example, you could be forgiven to think that the UHD3000 was released at the same time (ish) as the other models referred to in that post. That is totally incorrect. And do you really buy one of these media players because of a "Black Gui" or so called V8 Remote" - I doubt that very much. No it's so the lower end models can be distanced from the newer models such as the UHD3000 which can be classed differently. In a straw poll if you asked 100 people which are the pricier models, the HiFi models or the High-End models, I'll guess most people would say the High-End models are. WRONG! No Zidoo have kicked themselves in the foot by starting off with "High-End" models then realising with the UHD3000 they needed to classify differently.

My gripe, if you didn't know already (which I think you do) are these so called classifications are made up as you and others go along, to fit in with the so called Zidoo Philosophy. So we now have HiFi models on top of High-End ones - Sheesh!

And what's worse here, is there isn't a MOD looking over everything, which allows (and I apologise in advance) Zidoo Fan Boys to reinvent things as they go along.

Nothing I'm saying here is meant to "get at" or be "rude to" senior members who have been very helpful to me over the past few months but some of them (and others) do not pay for their players in consideration of their "positive" reviews and comments. So I am bound to ask what gives you and others on here the right to comment on matters such as this - surely Zidoo themselves should?

I'd welcome @mirror 's thoughts as we move forward.

ps. The title of this thread is meant for HiFi models - does everyone know what models are covered here?

10. cyber201

cyber201 Member

Now I'm using UHD3000 as USB IN DAC with Daphile.
    It's possible to show how kind of digital signal the UHD3000 DAC is processing?
    There is a program or shortcut into the OS?
    Because Daphile show me the type of signal source but i want to know the type of signal process the DAC.

Thanks

11. Nice Monkey

Will add a chapter for USB-IN.

@rozel Paragraph 2 starts the topic with explaining what makes models Hifi and the models released by zidoo.

12. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

I think you missed the whole point of what I was saying. That was your thread, not Zidoo's and Para 2 - where's that? No sorry until this matter has been discussed with Zidoo themselves and a statement released for us all to see, then I'll still be harping on.

I genuinely believe Zidoo are producing great models but they are all still in beta. You guys are making things up as you go along, hoping Zidoo will get their act together.

13. Nice Monkey

Strange. I don't know what happened but with this FW I have the same experience. USB-In sounds far better than Internal DAC.
    Not only UAPP but also with MP6 itself when running on my Z9X USB Output => USB Input UHD3000. Something must be seriously wrong there. A new FW slipped in issue?

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  14. cyber201

cyber201 Member

Yes, USB-In is better thank internal DAC.
    And now Qobuz sounds better then Tidal. I have tryed the same Album.

I'm waiting your new capter for USB-In. I'm curious to find wath i ask in the previous post.
    Thanks

15. Nice Monkey

Combined the DVD-Audio chapter with information on BD Pure Audio album playback next to including now a common introduction. ;)
    Many may never have looked at these or even being aware of their existence which is a big miss in my view as some are really excellent. :p

Being at it also included oddball DTS-CD for completeness.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  16. @Nice Monkey: Hello, I apologize but, I would like to ask what settings I could use for the Music .......... I have a Zidoo Z9x and an Anthem MRX 700 receiver, which doesn't have the ability to handle 4K. The beauty of the Anthem amps, however, is that they sound good and have a very performing acoustic correction of the room (ARC, in fact the calculations for the corrections are carried out by PC and the microphone is similar to the Umik), therefore: From the Z9x, I go with the hdmi directly to the TV (Sony KD-65XE) this for the video (4K HDR), for the audio I rely on the optical signal: I know it has many "shortcomings" but, it is the only system (hdmi splitters make them set to the lowest resolution of the connected devices). So, staying on the devices I have, what is the best way to hear music? (both Video and Music in Flac comes from a Qnap NAS). Endless Grazei in advance and good day, Andrea.

17. Nice Monkey

Quick Setup settings => Audio
    SPDIF Audio: RAW
    Downmix HD Audio Output: ON (for SPDIF output this will happen anyway)
    Sampling rate control => Digital Output: Native sampling rate (=via HDMI/SPDIF)
    USB Audio: Off (On when using an external DAC only)
    Passthrough AMP compatibility mode: Off

Should be the above. You could consider going for an External DAC or an UHD3000 with that AMP.

andreamusso.am likes this.
  18. Good morning, first of all, thank you for having answered me in a really exhaustive and very fast way ..... I know for the amp. I could also adopt a more "audophile" source but, there are two things that prevent me from doing so: 1- Whatever Source I use, I should make the Source / Amp connection digitally because if I use an external DAC, (I must admit my ignorance on which DAC to use) I would have to go digital and enter the amp. into digital, otherwise the signal would undergo two transformations, the first in the DAC (from digital to analog, I repeat I don't know if there are DACs that have digital outputs) and the second in the amp, to be processed by the acoustic calibration. 2- The most important one: lack of money .............. I renew my thanks and good day to all, Andrea.

19. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

20. Nice Monkey

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021