re-flashing X9S, don't turn on

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by chupa, Oct 23, 2019.

1. chupa

chupa New Member

Good evening, while I'm writing to you I tried to flash my Zidoo X9S that previously inexplicably stopped at the avion "ZIDOO" logo, so I decided to restore it and do a new installation, I followed this guide http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/how-to-flash-zidoo-x9s-unit.2959/ has made the first pass everything normally coming up to the "Install Completed 100%" and now I have the black screen, like if nothing was connected, and the word "HELLO" on the display, more than 15 minutes have now passed but it is always like this, I have performed the procedure other times always following the same tutorial, it can happen that it takes all this time to complete flashing? do you advise me to remove the plug? Thanks

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

3. chupa

chupa New Member

Good evening, I thank you for your help but for me that procedure didn't work, I tried using different USB 2.0 pens and even 3.0 I tried both USB 2.0 ports of the X9S using the restore button and also without the restore button but unfortunately a screen always remains the image with no video signal, other suggestions?

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

ddi you make sure the USB is fat32 ? how long did you wait ?

5. chupa

chupa New Member

Yes Secure, FAT32 with block size set to default I tried both an 8GB USB 2.0 and another 32GB 3.0 I waited 15 minutes, but how should it come on the screen or on the VFD? As soon as I turn it on with only the USB stick attached it says "boot" and then stays on "HELLO".

The frustrating and even more strange thing is that I have another X9S that reacted in the same way, but on the first X9S I thought I had switched off the power by mistake, but this time I was super careful and I'm sure I performed well the procedure for flashing

P.S .: The 8GB USB 2.0 pen has a led indicator to check the pen activity and flashes, as it normally does, when in standby

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not sure about what VDF shows . but the TV should show a progress bar. i did a flash like 2 years ago and was nothing special. copied the 4 files from the zip. copied the install.img from the zip, i think it was called something different but i renamed it to install.img. plug in. turn on the box. flashed started.

7. chupa

chupa New Member

I thank you for your help and your time, you have been very kind

And with this, they are two X9S that go into bricks with standard flashing procedure