Questions for Zidoo in person during ISE2020 in Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I plan to visit ISE2020 in Amsterdam in 2 weeks time. Zidoo has a stand there I understand:
    Zidoo & ISE 2020
    Date: Feb 11, 2020 – Feb 14, 2020
    Booth:15-D204
    Welcome to visit the Zidoo booth at ISE 2020 in Amsterdam, the world's biggest pro AV show, to have first-hand experience with Zidoo media players!

Will be a joy for me to meet the guys over there.

If you have any questions for them just shout. I will be happy to take them along for you.
    It is not meant for bug reporting, they know them very well as they read along here.

Obviously answers will be provided here after the event.

This if they are able and allowed to come after all. The corona virus infection could jeopardize their trip.
    They canceled the trip

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  2. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

Hello Nice Monkey,

- About the future RTD1619, ask them if they have planned inexpensive boxes like Z9s with this chipset and especially when (2020/2021) ?

- Ask them if they have a price range for the future Zidoo X?

- Ask them the availability date of the Zidoo X, there is a great enthusiasm on the homecinema.fr forum for this model

- Ask them the size of the zidoo X (in centimeters)

- Ask them if with the future zidoo X we will be able to play Multichannel DSD ?

- Ask them if mirror can be more present on the forum (special request from OlivierQC)

- Ask them to correct the specs ''up to'' for HDDs on their website and also at futeko.com (if the administrator goes through) the size is not the same, and this is confusing for a few members on the homecinema.fr website

example for UHD2000

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-----------------------------

tell them Thank you for the support of the X series (rtd1295) which is around 4 years old now

I wonder if the administrator of futeko.com will do the trip too

to follow...​

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    DELUCAS likes this.
  3. Nice Monkey

I understand the holiday was extended by a week for most people all over china.

4. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Will they produce a cut down version of the X

and make it exactly like the Z10 but id imagine name it the Z11 or whatever
    Using the same chipset minus the high end Audio parts ........
    Bluetooth 5.0 +
    Add more usb 3.0
    Minus a usb port on the front of the unit leave with just one
    and concentrate on making more Movie High end playback instead . :)

add a 1080p / 4K calibration test pattern image on next firmware

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  5. Nice Monkey

Will ask them what is in the pipeline.

DELUCAS likes this.
  6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

ive heard there is a two week quarantine period for people going to china but flying out ?

7. Nice Monkey

Yeah I have some doubts too if they will be there. Lots of chinese expected on the ISE2020 exhibition.

8. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

Zidoo won't be at ISE due to Coronavirus. Zidoo are based in Shenzhen, which borders Hong Kong and is a long way (1000km+) from the epidemic in Wuhan, but many businesses in China are being ultra-cautious after the CNY holiday and are either delaying re-opening after the holiday or operating in as limited a way as possible. Zidoo intend to go back to work on 10th Feb but have decided against flying to ISE (although there is no formal restriction). I would expect most other Chinese exhibitors to do the same.

9. Nice Monkey

Thanks for sharing this information. Does not really come as a surprise.
    It is a pity though would have loved meeting them in person.

10. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

"Zidoo company is scheduled for a holiday from 18th Jan to 31st Jan. We will be back to work on 1st Feb." Their own words at the top of this forum. Who is wrong? Futeko or Zidoo?

11. Nice Monkey

The Chinese government last the last word here. :p

12. futeko.com

futeko.com Active Member

The CNY shutdown across China has been extended due to the Coronavirus epidemic originating in Wuhan. Plans have changed as movement in China is discouraged to halt the spread.

13. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@futeko.com

Thanks for explanation. I will not ask why Zidoo does not change the banner ...

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

it's sad, it was a great opportunity

15. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Ask them why does it take so long to sort their firmware out lol

16. Nice Monkey

Visited ISE2020 today. The last time it is in Amsterdam as it moves back to Barcelona Spain next year.

Lots of Chinese stands and in fact Zidoo must have been one of very few not going because of corona. The stand neighbours (all from the same area within China as Zidoo) were all there but the Zidoo place was just used as a coffee corner by them.

I think a missed opportunity. Sorry no answers: A volunteer at Zidoo to answer them here?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
  17. ThomasP

ThomasP Active Member

@Nice Monkey

Do you really think about a useful interaction with Zidoo? You see how this forum is moderated and how Zidoo is responding to issues which exists for a long time now. They are not interested in their buyers, once they have their money you are worthless for them. Newer models bring new buyers, that is their business. What should i think about a company which is not ablet to bring a player that has properly working usb3 and spdif ports? Every small chinese Shenzen crap company can do this.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020