Question About iso files......

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Does anyone know how I can make an iso file with a copy of the standard blu ray disc folder, and retain the Dolby Vision assets? Thanks!

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

From the DVDFab site - I've not used it I should add. I suppose I should start to investigate. You can make a ISO file of a Blu Ray disc with MakeMKV as long as you have an "approved reader" they are listed on the web site but I don't know about the integrity of Dolby Vision. MKVToolNix since v58 supports Dolby Vision

DVDFab UHD Copy https://www.dvdfab.cn/resource/4k-media/uhd-copy-software
    • • Copy 4K UHD movies to a disc, folder or an ISO file
    • • Keep Dobly Vision and HDR 10 video quality lossless
    • • Able to read 4k UHD disc, ISO file and folder
    • • Support most 4K UHD titles and free trial

3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Thanks a lot for your help. I was just looking at that site but there were too many options and I didn't know which one to choose.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Good old ImgBurn does the trick perfect. It is plain and simple to use.

5. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

But will it make an ISO file from a UHD protected disc? Remember the author who also wrote the old DVD Decrypter was forced to shut it down after a humongous threat of legal sanctions together with an injunction that he was never to write any decrypting software. So not sure about IMGBurn? Further development on it has stopped as well.

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I am answering converting (unprotected) folders to ISO's being the original question.

Nothing to do with extracting or decryption of protected material. It won't do that.

Netmask likes this.