Q Re YouTube 4K & constant screen Yutbe

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by Schumy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Schumy

Schumy Member

Dear all

I have 2 questions about the z9s that I hope someone can help (apologies if they have been addressed before but there are many posts here and the search function on my phone doesn't work well) :

1. YouTube - seems the only YouTube app that works on z9s OS is the Smart YouTube TV (i have installed other YouTube app apks but they are not supported on this device ), but still I can't get it to stream in 4K resolution (it allows selecting 4K resolution but clearly the video output is not). How to make it work in 4K?

2. Mine has auto frame rate disabled and selected to fixed 4K 30fps (I tried any higher frame rate the video cannot stay at 4:4:4 colour right?), but on the menus and some apps it keeps on refreshing (HDMI handshaking?) causing temporary black screens, very annoying. No such issue during movie playback, only in menu and apps.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Many thanks

2. ocgassa

ocgassa New Member

any info on 4K youtube apk for Z9S ?

3. Schumy

Schumy Member

Somehow Smart YouTube TV can now play 4K on z9s now , but it seems to lack HDR support and the colour of the menu and video clip icons look very weird . I give up and just use other ways to watch YouTube