Pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film.

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Zidixx, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

I have a problem with my DVDfab/MKV Passthrough Dolby Vision movies. It's only now that I've noticed that there is pumping of brightness at the beginning or end of a scene during the film. When I rip this movie to MP4 / Dolby Vision with DVDfab, this phenomenon is not noticeable. With MakeMKV, this problem is also not noticeable. Is it a hardware-related setting problem or a dvdfab-problem? In addition, a film often freezes after a few minutes. The sound is still audible and then freezes as well. At some point the message "This video cannot be played" appears. I have a Zidoo UHD3000 with software v6.3.92. Do I need to downgrade to solve this problem? I'm grateful for any help. Thanks

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Sounds like a problem with the way DVDFab handles RPU synchronisation.

3. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Ok thank you. And the other problem with the sudden freezing of the films?

4. Markswift2003

Possibly the same thing - I use MakeMKV and haven’t seen any problems with DV rips since the early days of development..

Zidixx likes this.
  5. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

It's correct. I also have MakeMKV with Dolby Vision, but I find that DVDfab makes the same movie a bit more brilliant and contrasty. The coloring is also a bit better. Can it be that DVDfab improves the original video (iso)? With MakeMKV Dolby Vision I always have to set the gamma to 2.3 to get roughly the same black level from DVDfab, even though my Zidoo settings are 16-235. With DVDfab Dolby Vision almost the same picture quality is produced as with my Blu-ray player Panasonic UB9004.

6. Markswift2003

If you're ripping correctly then there can be no difference since the video track (and RPU) are copied untouched, bit for bit.