Problems with Z1000 Pro remote control

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by PG80, Jun 30, 2022.

1. PG80

PG80 New Member

I had problems with this remote control from the beginning. It was unresponsive until I set it up with Bluetooth. With Bluetooth it works fine with one exception, the power on/off button won't work, I have to do it from the box itself. Is there a solution to this?

2. thenextvision

thenextvision New Member

I think the off and on button is IR. Your IR might not be working.

3. PG80

PG80 New Member

Yes that's what I think too. Is there any way to fix it and make IR work? How do I know if it's the media player or the remote control?

And does anyone know if the V9 and V10 remotes use bluetooth for the power function or is it the same as the Z1000 Pro remote?

4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

When you say unresponsive, do you mean partially working or not working at all?

5. Markswift2003

IR is used for power on these remotes since the bluetooth stack is not active in standby or power off and boots with the system.

6. CGI

CGI Member

An old trick to check if RCs are working - turn on your phone camera, point the RC to it and press the on/off key.
    You shoud see the IR signal blinking from the RC transmiter and thus make sure the RC is working.
    Phone cameras can "see" IR signals, human eye - no.
    Works with any RC, just tested with z1000 pro RC :)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
    thenextvision and rozel like this.
  7. PG80

PG80 New Member

Well i'd pick it up and start pressing buttons and nothing would happen. I may have tried another time and it would work for a few minutes and then again nothing. This was solved by turning on bluetooth but the problem with the power button remains.

8. PG80

PG80 New Member

So the V9 and V10 are not a solution.

9. PG80

PG80 New Member

So assuming the RC is working and the problem is the box itself is there anything to do?

10. Markswift2003

That's what I was alluding to - I had a Z9X board that had a faulty connection on the IR diode, so I have a suspicion that could be the problem here.

In my case the diode wire had broken where it was soldered directly on the board, so it was an easy fix to solder together - the Z1000 uses the same motherboard but the IR diode is behind the front panel on a sub panel fed by a ribbon cable - so I'd have a poke around in there to see if something is amiss. Might be just a loose ribbon connector.

11. PG80

PG80 New Member

I have no idea where to look and how to do that. Are there instructions anywhere for something like this?

12. Phil181

Phil181 Active Member

You can switch Power Off from the menu selection. Add it to the main menu from the apps folder.
    That just leaves you to figure out how to switch on.... (since either IR or the remote button is not currently working for you).

Once the Z1000 is switched on, as soon as you press a remote button, it engages Bluetooth and a connection message appears on the screen.

13. Markswift2003

14. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

And if needed I can take another picture at a specific place so that PG80 can compare with his Zidoo

15. Markswift2003

I'll miss your shark Olivier...

16. PG80

PG80 New Member

I found the following solution - turned on HDMI CEC on Zidoo, only the remote control option and can turn on and control the Zidoo with the Sony A90J remote. I think I will go with this instead of opening the box.

Thanks everyone for their help.

thenextvision likes this.
  17. Markswift2003

Good thinking!!

PG80 likes this.