Problems connecting the DMP-A6 to the Eversolo APP

Discussion in 'Eversolo DMP-A6' started by Nice Monkey, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Have problems making the connection:
    - Select the DMP-A6 as the target: Pressing Next
    - Follow the animated instructions for connecting via Manual Add IP or QR scanning:
    - Next get the message 'Successfully connected to IP......"
    - Back to an empty Device List.
    No App being connected

Got it once working but could not repeat that anymore.
    Uninstalled an reinstalled the APP from the Play Store. It only then connected again.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  2. Ray77

Ray77 Member

There was a recent update to the app. 1.10.59. I notice app gets confused if I switch between wifi and ethernet wired connection. Try Add New Device and "forget" current device on the App.

3. Nice Monkey

The DMP-A6 is connected via Wired. Will try what happens if the APP is started before powering on the streamer.
    Did not see that problem again.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  4. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

I know this doesn't help your setup, but I've factory reset my box a few times in testing, used an old app with new firmware, and never had an issue connecting. No need to enter any details, it just finds it when I select A6 in the discovery screen on the app.

I haven't even bothered setting a fixed IP yet, which is very unlike me!

I'm using wired ethernet.

5. Mark Piathanom

Mark Piathanom New Member

Mark sure that your A6 device and Eversolo Control are on the same network, different subnet will no work.

6. Vinhstudio

Vinhstudio New Member

I use the same LAN network layer, if I set DHCP to ON mode, it automatically connects to the APP Eversolo, however, after only 3 hours, it automatically changes DNS and the only solution I have is to fix DNS, then the problem is resolved. In the previous Firmware version, I did not encounter this issue.

7. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

what do you mean by "I have to fix DNS"?

8. Vinhstudio

Vinhstudio New Member

I meant to say "set a static IP."

Nutul likes this.
  9. Nice Monkey

It seems your DNS lease time is set to 3 hours. This is not normal and is set on the router.

10. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

Could it be that so many routers have such a short lease time? I mean, (it seemed to me that) Vinhstudio mentioned several customers experiencing this issue (now I cannot find that post anymore)...

11. Burki

Burki Member

Are you (and what's with the DMP-A6) using ipv6 in your network?

Nutul likes this.
  12. Vinhstudio

Vinhstudio New Member

If I set DHCP to automatic mode, will DNS automatically convert to addresses based on the images I take on Eversolo as follows, and if I don't change the DNS to a fixed address after 3 hours, the phone application will no longer be able to connect.

After I turn off automatic DHCP mode and fix DNS according to the Router, Eversolo can operate normally even if I turn off the device later, when reconnecting, the application still allows normal connection.

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      343.6 KB
      Views:
    • 456.jpg
      456.jpg
      File size:
      362.5 KB
      Views:
  13. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

If you address your A6 by IP, and it does not have a static one, then you may experience connection errors if the A6 goes to deep-sleep...
    Then, on your router, just set the MAC-address associated to the A6 to be given a static IP.
    (it's weird, though, as most routers do this automatically... at home, my laptop (but also other devices) has the same IP since 2012, despite I have DHCP on every device)

14. scansp7

scansp7 New Member

IM not able to setup the devices as static in my mesh based router. If I turn off DHCP how do I manually setup the setting in the A6?

15. Nutul

Nutul Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do it on the device, unless you have access to the Android network settings...

16. omuc

omuc New Member

I connected with the Android App my A6 to my Smartphone Fold5. Is it possible to connect the A6 additional to my Samsung Tablet. Or is only one device possible?

17. Bergholdt

Bergholdt Well-Known Member

I use iPhone and iPad at the same timeā€¦

18. Desmodromic

Desmodromic Member

I can use my Google Pixel 7 phone and Samsung Tablet at the same time. Why don't you just try?

SausageDog and Fergus like this.
  19. omuc

omuc New Member

I tried it again and I was successful. Thank you all for supporting me.

20. Cecil Watts

Cecil Watts New Member

I cannot connect my Samsung A21 to my DMP-6. I have the APP dowloaded to my phone. I have gone thru the steps, successfully scanned the "connect APP" QR code and it comes up with an error mode. I have tried repeatedly. I was able to connect once when I first got the unit but cannot replicate.
    Could someone please give me a step by step method to connect. Thanks to all in advance.