Problem with netflix

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Fabio Scala, Jan 28, 2018.

1. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Hi @Robert Snelgrove , is not just a matter of android box, but application too.
    H6 pro really does play FHD contents, but only if you use the embedded Netflix app. I tested it and then i tested the latest version of the Netflix app available on play store. Well, the latest version doesn't play more then 720x480, while the embedded one plays 720 (that is my screen resolution) and i don't know if it go further.

You can test by yourself opening Netflix and searching for the video named "test patterns". you can find more here

2. Robert Snelgrove

Robert Snelgrove New Member

Thanks, That test pattern doesn't go higher than 720 on my 2K desktop monitor?

bob

3. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

i think the test pattern video is 720p, I thought it would upscale :-(

4. Robert Snelgrove

No, I tried it on my legit blu ray player and on my 1080P set it shows 1080P. It depends on the device (player) and your display. The test pattern is up to 4K but only if your hardware and subscription support it. Apparently web watching Netflix is limited to 720P.

bob

kaneda79 likes this.
  5. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Thanks for checking. Which version of firmware you are using?

6. Robert Snelgrove

Firmware on my Blu Ray Player? It's an older OPPO BP-103.

bob

7. Pheckphul

Pheckphul New Member

NO. What version of firmware are you using on your H6 Pro?

8. Robert Snelgrove

Sorry, don't have one yet. Using a Beelink GT-1 but want a box that does NF and YT in at least full HD+. That's why I'm here :)

9. redatoma

redatoma New Member

use this apk downloader to reinstall it with independent apk file from Google Play