Problem with netflix

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by Fabio Scala, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Fabio Scala

Fabio Scala New Member

Hi, sorry for my English. I updated fw 1.0.20 but the problem was also found with the 1.0.13, maybe I do not know the procedure but if I see a TV series netflix, example "enterprise discovery" I can select the first six episodes as the screen it does not flow to visualize the others and so it happens also with the other series. someone can help me to understand if it's a bug or wrong with the remote control. Thank you.

2. reapur

reapur Member

everyone is seeing this problem, with youtube also, you need to install youtube for android TV. No fix for Netflix.

You can read other posts and suggestions to install some other version of netflix, none of them worked for me. ONLY the one that I can see from the play store on the H6 and this one has this scrolling problem.
    Some people have suggested you buy an air mouse, I've never used one and I don't know which particular one you should get, there have been no pointers to mouses that actually do work with the H6.

Zidoo will continue to ignore every mention of Netflix on these threads.

3. Louis Fenyvesi

Louis Fenyvesi New Member

I found that it was a remote problem. I plugged in a wireless keyboard with touchpad and use either the arrow keys or swiping with two fingers on the touchpad to navigate to the entries that the remote won't let you access.

4. reapur

reapur Member

5. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

Use the version of Netflix for TABLETS. You can get the app in www.apkmirror.com

The stock remote of the H6 Pro will work properly on this version of netflix.

6. Fabio Scala

Fabio Scala New Member

thanks to all of you for the answers.

7. reapur

reapur Member

8. Robert Snelgrove

Robert Snelgrove New Member

So, does Netflix work in 1080 out of the box?

bob

9. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

10. almangarzon

almangarzon New Member

The version should be something like "Netflix-4.16-200147-release" ... not the 5.12.1 or the 5.0.4 (for the Android TV OS)

11. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

I've installed the latest version and it solved the audio issue. I have no more to stop the playback through the Netflix interface buttons.
    To navigate the contents the remote is not enough. I have a bluetooth keyboard with integrated touchpad to do it and is working fine.
    I don't know if this version allows FHD and 4K playback, cause i use zidoo on a 1280x720 TV screen.

12. Robert Snelgrove

Does it look HD?

bob

13. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Yes it does!

14. Robert Snelgrove

So, Guys

Don't get from the play store, get the apk right from the Netflix link above? I'm still a little confused because the YouTube reviews show Netflix working great that comes already installed?

bob

15. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

I suggest you three ways to install the latest Netflix apk:

1) Use an alternative apk store, installing Aptoide;
    2)Download the apk from Apkmirror website;
    3)The safest way is to use your computer two go on the google play store, log with the same user you use on the H6 pro, and select the "allwinner" as the device where to install.

The netflix that comes with the H6 Pro works, but the audio is buggy when you start a movie or an episode. Is annoying, but is not a big issue considering the overall playback is fine

16. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Hi Bob, today i run the test pattern video on Netflix and sadly i was wrong. Max resolution is 720x480, so no HD. Don't install latest version of Netflix and sorry for the wrong infromation i gave you before, but on my 1280x720 screen i didn't notice the difference until today

17. panos

panos New Member

I agree 720χ480

kaneda79 likes this.
  18. Robert Snelgrove

Thanks for checking. I took this shot from a you tube

Attached Files:

kaneda79 likes this.
  19. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Yes that screen is right. The embedded netflix version support that resolution (in my case 720, that is the same of my screen) the latest netflix version don't (that is why it is not highlighted as a supported version on playstore, unlike "netflix for android tv").

I think this box is seen like an android tv but is not entirely and android tv. Or the cpu is just to new and is not perfectly supported by Netflix. I think is something that will be solved in the future and probably we'll switch to the android tv version of netflix

20. Robert Snelgrove

I think it's more than that. The DRM version is what determines what boxes can legally get NF in higher resolutions.

kaneda79 likes this.