PROBLEM WITH 4TB HDD INSTALLATION

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z10' started by kratonics, Oct 28, 2020.

1. kratonics

kratonics New Member

Hi, I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure how this works.

My problem is that I have installed a 4tb HDD in my Z10 and it does not detect it. I have used the ES EXPLORER app and it does not detect it, and I have gone to configuration / storage and it only detects 16gb of shared internal storage.

Is it necessary to give some kind of format to the HDD?

It is in NTFS Do you have to do something to the Z10 or the settings?

Thank you so much for everything

Techie-02 likes this.
  2. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Hi @kratonics,
    welcome to the forum.

The HDD has to be formated in one of the supported filesystem. There might be a way to do this with the Z10 but I'd recommend to attach the HDD to a PC a format it as NTFS.

Techie-02 likes this.
  3. kratonics

kratonics New Member

The HDD is already formatted in NTFS and the PC reads all the files it has, but when I put it inside my z10 it doesn't detect it. I have verified that it is well connected at the back because when the Z10 has power, it makes noise of spinning plates. I will try to format it again to see if it fixes any possible failure

4. kratonics

kratonics New Member

I have already formatted the HDD back to NTFS and I have even connected it externally in case it was the internal connection that is wrong. it doesn't detect it either Image1.jpeg Image2.jpeg

5. rangsan

rangsan New Member

I have zidoo z10 (firmware : ZIDOO_Z10_N_v2.3.35_202009100838_ota-package.zip).
    After the updated I watch a movie from USB hdd connected via USB3,
    about 20-30 minutes some USB hdd (NTFS) had been disconnected by Z10.
    I try scan USB hdd on windows10 the result is good and no bad sector and tried to play with Z10 again but same result.
    This situation happened with some USB hdd.

1. How about unofficial v2.3.45 for Z10?
    2. What's your suggestion?