problem Stop the movie or series Dolby Vision

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by AbuSarah, Sep 1, 2021.

1. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

hello

I only have a problem Dolby Vision

Stopping the movie or series without my interference

How do I solve the problem?

DennisTheMenace likes this.
  2. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

It also happens to me that several mkvs in dolby vision get stuck ...

3. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not really sure what's going on with that - there was an issue a few firmwares back where certain Dolby Vision titles would freeze at 76 minutes but that was fixed and I'm not aware of any other issues like that - certainly here I have no problems with Dolby Vision playback.

4. DennisTheMenace

DennisTheMenace Active Member

I also confirm that, I watched 2 Dolby Vision movies last night and both of them stopped. This happened one time when I was watching the movies

5. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

Watched yesterday's first episode. It stopped after 10-20 minutes.
    =========
    =========

Note that I have the latest beta version of the firmware

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2021
  6. Markswift2003

My guess would be a dodgy file.

7. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Would a MediaInfo report shed any light on the problem?

8. Markswift2003

Doubtful, but a debug of the Dolby decoder might (assuming the issue replicates here of course) - I'll try that this afternoon on the original file...

9. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Same here. Not the same issue as before (the one around 76/77 min). The stop occured within the first hour in my case (around 40/50 minutes, not sure). The files are Mkv remux from my blu-rays UHD. I had no pb with the same files before.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  10. Markswift2003

Can you guys give me some movie names please (not release names!) - If I have any of them I can then test here..

11. Markswift2003

And do they freeze or stop - ie return to HT4 etc

12. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

One of them was The lord of the rings (The Fellowship of the Ring). I remember the moment it stopped and my bad, that was not within the first hour but around 90 minutes for this one. I will check for my other movies in DV but not this morning.

It happened with another one (not one of the LOTR trilogy), but I don't remember which ones. I just remember that it freezed briefly and stopped by itself.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2021
  13. Markswift2003

Part 1 or Part 2?

And again, did it freeze (pause) or stop. And if it stopped, did it return to HT4 or back to home screen or what?

14. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

I have merged the 2 parts with MKVToolnix. I will test later today some DVs to give to you more informations if it happens again (time to go to work).

15. Markswift2003

Ah ok.

16. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

A title that keeps crashing me is Gemini Man, when I had the HDR version it was always fine, now in DV it crashes ...... I thought it was problems with my network (which is all gigabit wired) instead apparently the problem are the files with Dolby Vision ...... I went from the Z9S (never crashed during playback) to the Z9X specifically for DV support, I hope you can solve it with the next updates ......
    Thanks

17. Markswift2003

Ok, I have Gemini Man in DV MKV - so please can we be a little more specific here - what do you mean by "keeps crashing"?

18. Nejiro

Nejiro Member

I don't know how to explain it, it crashes and I can't even be precise because it does it randomly, at different points in the film .....

19. AbuSarah

AbuSarah Member

Your Honor
    s01e1 / MKV
    and
    Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard Full Blu-ray Disc 2160p

They all just stop

20. Markswift2003

Ok - I'm testing Your Honor S01E01 right now.

Yet again, please be more specific:

Are you using HT4 or Media Center?

How does it stop? What exactly happens?