Practical-experiences using the UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Why is it "unspecified" - the Z1000 Pro is a High End model?

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

The same SOC as all other models!

High-End= Integrated 60W PSU, Sturdy housing, Internal Antenna's, BT remote and FW with Black GUI.

3. ulna68

ulna68 Active Member

so, such as a lower model, e.g. z9x ??

4. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

In other words you don't know! High End, to me, should mean much more than that; Zidoo came up with some c**p to distance the UHD3000 model from the others IMHO but hey ho!

5. Willem

Willem New Member

A big miss of the player UHD 3000 is that it is not being able to have multichannel PCM output over HDMI but only 2 channel. Could be it is related to the chipset (license/technical limitation) but because of this you need a rather new AV processor to make full use of this player. But for the money it costs multichannel PCM is an absolute must have feature. I did not get an answer from Zidoo sofar if this will be resolved soon with a firmware upgrade so from that point of view a rather useless piece of equipement. Return to sender the coming weekend

6. Nice Monkey

No idea how difficult it is to do MCH SACD => MCH PCM regarding CPU load but I only can tell that Dune actually achieved to make this work using exactly the same RTD1619DR SOC. So the HW can just do it for sure and it is no licensing issue. But Dune is using its own OS instead of Android 9 as a differentiator. I have the impression (not based on any known facts) that the Dune OS makes things somewhat more stable and lowers the OS overhead which could make the difference here? It for sure can't be done on older models with less CPU horsepower.

So it actually still may come for Zidoo too. Who knows. ;)
    I personally think writing drivers for DSD output over HDMI in fact is easier to achieve and preferred. I am not sure the Zidoo HDMI interface facilitates it?

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  7. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

Hi. So also noticed the problems with LPCM 5.1 over HDMI. I just got the UHD recently and I tried all the settings, etc and will NOT play LPCM 5.1 over HDMI in 5 speakers; only 2

all my older players played these same files perfectly in all 5 speakers.

I also hope they can do something asap or I will have to return it as well. May be the 1619 chip which is realtek's fault too or it may be Zidoo's fault with their software

The Zappit Pro 4K HDR with 1295 chip plays these files perfectly in all speakers

8. Nice Monkey

It is always nice to hear the total story.

Spend myself quite some time reproducing this problem. Got 3 demo files with the reported problem mailed to me. These all 3 played just fine on my setup in MCH as expected. Did neither hear from others having similar problems.

Diagnosing further it became clear that an AMP with HDMI 1.4 is being used within the setup. This was expected to play also 2160P60 files which is clearly out of specs. The reaction was I have another media players which work with it. I don't argue that but blaming the Zidoo not to support out of specifications playback and not the AMP is not really as it should be. If it still works you are lucky. I obviously understand that it is a disappointment but to call it a UHD3000 fault conforming to standards?
    It can always be an AMP brand/model (Anthem MRX 300) incompatibility which can never be excluded but for sure is not a generic problem.

My message: Time for a new AMP (swapped mine twice in 10 years). Obviously anybody may disagree but please tell the total story then.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  9. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

I actually did send my files to several others who noticed the same problem as me and I also sent it to my seller who also noticed the same problem

for most all people, these files are failing to play sound in 5 speakers even though the older chip players have no issue playing the same files

10. Nice Monkey

Please specify the total setup of all those testers. If not you never get anything solved.

11. detroit1

detroit1 New Member

I don't know the total set up of all 10 of these people but they have either UHD3000 or other Zidoo 1619 chip players

1 of them had Z9 S with the 1296 chip and the files played normally on his; failed on all others

No one should have to replace their Amp or anything just because they get the UHD 3000

I can play these same files on my Oppo 203 and Himedia Q10 pro with no issues into the same Amp, etc

zarathoestra likes this.
  12. Nice Monkey

You are repeating yourself and not helping diagnosing. Ask those 10 people I would say. Even better ask them to report here.
    Others are invited too if seeing the same problem as always. The more reports the better.
    Without new facts end of help/confirmation by me.

13. Willem

Willem New Member

Feedback from Zidoo today:

There is no media player able to output 7.1 multichannel PCM over HDMI on the market because nor Dolby nor DTS want to deliver such decoding licences for media players. This feature is only available on Blu-ray players.

14. Nice Monkey

The problem reported and tested is about playing native 5.1 PCM in passthrough. It is all about Music which I frankly hardly ever have seen at 7.1 PCM if at at all (would not be able to give an example) neither using DTS 7.1 or DD 7.1 for that manner.

What has been asked for often is DD/DTS 5.1 or 7.1 ==> PCM 5.1 or 7.1 conversion which is not allowed and is never available as it requires decoding. Decoding DD/DTS in any format is not implemented only passthrough. Looking at the Zidoo reply this is what they are stating there correctly.
    Indeed some Blu-ray players include this as these include also MCH analog outputs which would be totally useless without DD/DTS decoding facilities/licenses being included.

Updated Chapter-2 here:
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...useful-stuff-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    With the more explicit text above.

Update "Where to buy" as the differences in prices has been harmonized it seems. No nice deals anymore.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  15. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Hello, just received my new UHD3000, I'm really impressed. (((•‿•)))
    Everything works fine - just one question - when useing the player in USB IN can I see what it's playing - it means the info from the source?

16. Nice Monkey

No the USB DAC standard does not exchange any metadata with it.

17. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Thanks for the fast reply

18. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Hello everybody. I operate a switchable power strip to which all my media devices are connected. If I also connect the zidoo uhd3000 to this power strip and switch on the power, does the Zidoo start up automatically or does it stay in standby mode like my other devices?

19. pcristi

pcristi Active Member

On quick setting/other/power mode are option to set it:
    - Standby while power plug in
    - Starting up while power plug in

20. Zidixx

Zidixx Member

Thank you, you have helped me a lot.

pcristi likes this.