Practical-experiences using the UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. JamesYAOL

JamesYAOL New Member

@Nice Monkey
    ha, accidently I found how to repeat the DAC left speak static noising issue.
    1. DAC mode, play music. 2. Push Mute. left speak will send out low static noise. unmute: The static noise stays as long as on pause or stop playing. So, it has nothing to do if it is right after turning on or not. But yes, 8 out of 10 times, if it is 20 minutes within the turning on, DAC mode music will send all kind of noise on left speaker just like a line is close-to-broken somewhere even the music is stopped. I believe it is firmware issue other than hardware issue. My version is 6.1.05_G. Hopefully this issue will be resolved by upgrade in the future.

About how to get RAW DAC:
    Setting - Audio: 1. Go HDMI, set it as RAW. Play with HDMI output to confirm RAW. 2. Toggle DAC on as DAC internal player. Now DAC is RAW (prove it by watching 5.1 movie and you will find all dialog is very low and the music/action is loud.)

Anyway, I have given up and use it as normal media player with HDMI output, which satisfies me on this price. Altho it is something z9x can do as well :)

Thank you again nice monkey, enjoy the music and the life.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Tried this. Turn on player from standby and immediately do this:
    1. DAC mode, play music. 2. Push Mute. left speak will send out low static noise. Absolute silence from both channels with my player
    Really must be a HW fault.

Getting RAW DAC:
    Setting - Audio: 1. Go HDMI, set it as RAW. Play with HDMI output to confirm RAW. 2. Toggle DAC on as DAC internal player.
    As soon as I toggle DAC as Internal Player the movie is stopped and the HDMI Audio Output is switched to Close.

This was behavior was changed with the FW 6.2.0 update it seems.
    The only way to get MCH sound downmix via the DAC is: Go to HDMI set as LPCM 2CH and next toggle DAC Output. It then keeps the LPCM 2 CH function but will in fact shows Close then.

Yes will enjoy life and keep listening to music. Cheers.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  3. Murray Aradi

Murray Aradi New Member

I was playing on my Zidoo 1000Pro employing a USB DAC (I shall be carrying out a post on how I got on either today or tomorrow) but I wasn't aware that there was any setting? Unless I am misunderstanding you. I was playing through beliv. I will not spoil my post but I never see how playing gapless can enhance good quality by itself, just a a great deal smoother listening experience

Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
  4. Nice Monkey

Gapless playback never improves quality it just glues tracks together. Essential for above all live albums.

5. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

And of course for the albums which were pressed with it - I think that's why most people want it.

6. BZH5war5

BZH5war5 New Member

Hello,
    I hope to be on the right discussion thread. I have a Zidoo UHD3000 (FW 6.2.5) and it is connected to HDMI (Belkin HDMI 2. 1 48Gbit:s) to my OLED Sony 65A90J for video and my sound bar for audio.
    I am experiencing problems of jerking in the TV series viewing (.MKV High@ L4.0; 1080p). I can't solve this problem. These little image shifts are constantly happening. Are there any special settings to focus on? When I view these same episodes on my PC, there is no jerk. I imagine the problem is either TV or Zidoo...
    Thank you in advance for your help.

7. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Hi,
    Why does UHD 3000 not have standby? Just turn off. It's good that you still have network access to the player, but you also have to wait for the boot every time.
    Thanks

Netmask likes this.
  8. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Every previous box I've had you still had access to any internal hdd over the network in Standby mode. This meant that when you had finished using the unit in the home theatre, you could then add or remove material ie basic housekeeping. The Cloud Media units merely turned off the video out section leaving the box basically on. Negligible power consumption cost so certainly not a factor in my State re power costs. I leave my PC and NAS on 24/7 so quite happy to do the same with the Zidoo. Same philosophy on the Beyonwiz PVR's.

9. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

If you have access to HDD there is no standby. Standby is waiting mode with low power consumption.
    With the Dune, the HDD did not go to sleep in standby, which I found terrible.
    The way it was solved with the Zidoo, it's correct, but I don't understand why UHD3000 has no standby and Z10Pro has one? I would have liked to save booting every time.
    Otherwise, if I want to save something on the UHD3000, I wake the device via WoL and after saving, switch it off via the app on the smartphone. The shutdown must probably also go through WoL, I have to look at that.

10. Nice Monkey

There are 2 choices: Leaving it on which consumes 9W or booting which takes 30 seconds. Both very acceptable I think?
    WOL is WAKE on LAN (not sleep). But there are several ways to shut it down.

11. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

Thanks, but it doesn't answer the question why Z10Pro has standby and power off, but UHD3000 only power off. I would like to have the option - less power consumption and quick start.
    I'll ask Zidoo support.
    I am already aware of WoL, I mean remote shutdown. ;)

12. Nice Monkey

My educated guess: The SOC is build for sleepmode my putting main components in low consumption mode but the DAC Audio panel is not. It would require additional components with relays to switch of the DAC during sleepmode and avoid clicks. Not worth the complexity I think, but I may be wrong.

Bill-Z9X likes this.
  13. Bill-Z9X

Bill-Z9X Active Member

@Nice Monkey
    Response from support:
    Thanks for your message.
    UHD3000 has removed standby function because some feedback from customers.

I do not understand, if one does not like standby, then do not choose that, choose switch off! Why take it out completely?
    Or was it so buggy that removing was easier than repairing?

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  14. Nice Monkey

I got it with the original factory FW and I don't recall it ever had standby.

Last edited: May 1, 2021
    Bill-Z9X likes this.
  15. Nice Monkey

Update with the new High-End models Black GUI feautures coming with FW 6.3.0 bringing it functionally on par with the Standard GUI. :)

16. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Use tidal on 6.3.0, You will find that the sound quality has been greatly improved:)

17. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Would the Zidoo Z1000 Pro be able to do the "second un-fold" in order to hear the Tidal MQA Masters?

18. Nice Monkey

MQA is only supported with the UHD3000 by the ES9068 Chip and was reported to be working.

19. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Can you advise what DAC is used by the Z1000 Pro please?

20. Nice Monkey

Z1000 Pro has an unspecified integrated DAC as part of the RTD1619 SOC only.