Practical-experiences using the UHD3000

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nice Monkey, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Ted The American

Ted The American New Member

Hello All,

I just got my UHD 3000 today and thought I would give share my initial impression. I have large collections of digital audio and video but accessing and playing this media is decidedly analog. I find sorting through all the boxes and containers and discs to be tedious.

The 3000 and similar devices completely change the game by collecting your media into a single box and presenting it with Netflix functionality.

There may be some quirkiness with this new platform but I’m here to tell you folks that this thing is the real deal. The interface is slick, the image and sound quality are great, and the software is responsive. It’s genuinely fun and a new essential in home theater gear. I judge this thing to be KICK ASSSSS!!!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

@Ted The American Good to hear that sound here too. :)

Yes reading all the "small problems and inconveniences' on the forum one might forget what it all does very nicely.
    Above all Zidoo does have a slew of sometimes small additional options making it a truly great product. The side effect is that it is so complex that making changes to it is not that easy without breaking anything. We occasionally forget that moaning about these.:oops:

Yes I do love my Zidoo too. ;)

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I've ordered a UHD3000 and although I have read just abour every review and article I can find I'm yet to find a list of recommended internal hdd's. I'm planning to have 2 x 10TB drives. Probably just one to start with as that will accommodate my video collection.

4. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

The WD Red Plus family is a good choice. I use the 14TB version in my Z10 Pro and my DAS and it works like a charm. Be sure to use the last firmware because there was a pb with the high capacity HDDs using the previous firmware of the UHD3000.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  5. Morten Skovgaard

Morten Skovgaard New Member

Thinking about purchasing this. Just to confirm:

Native multi channel DSD over HDMI is not possible?
    TV led DV from MKV rips works?

Thanks in advance

6. Nice Monkey

Native DSD over HDMI is not supported neither in 2CH nor MCH. On no Android device by my knowledge.
    DV with MKV is a complex topic and changes with every FW. As I don't own a DV capable TV I don't know this answer.

Morten Skovgaard likes this.
  7. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Hello Nice Monkey, thanks for the great review, I'm considering to buy this player. Just want to ask you can we use USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO app and connect the player to an integrated amp?

8. Nice Monkey

The answer in short is YES. In Fact use UAPP myself on it.
    http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?thr...useful-stuff-for-hifi-players-playback.86336/
    But a more complete one is to be found there in Chapter-6 and Chapter-7.

9. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Thanks for the fast reply
    1. I see that UAPP doesn't support DSD without conversion to PCM. That works only using an External DAC( I'm happy with my Oppo Sonica DAC - excluding support of gapeless playback). I read your topics in Futeko forums and I'm your fan since than
    2. I'm considering to buy Zidoo UHD3000 seduced from the new ESS DAC chip - will try to find the differences from the old one in Oppo's
    3. Also in my radar is the newest Dune HD Pro Vision 4K and useing my external DAC but in that case I will pass the newest chip from ESS Sabre☹️

10. Nice Monkey

- Dune HD Pro Vision 4K plays audio in a different league and should be compared with Zidoo X20 Pro (as it is not an XMOS design).
    - Both UAPP and Zidoo MP6 also do gapless playback these days so no problem.
    - MP6 plays DSD via the Internal DAC obviously. I prefer that above UAPP using the Zidoo Controller App for MP6 control and the TV Off.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  11. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

And MP6 plays Native DSD via Internal DAC ESS SABRE?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  12. Nice Monkey

It does at all formats I tried (up to DSD256).

1GTRBG likes this.
  13. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

May I ask specifically the exact Internal DACs that the Zidoo Z1000 Pro and the Zidoo UHD3000 use please?

14. 1GTRBG

1GTRBG Member

Thank you, I will look around for an UHD3000, any recommended store in EU?

15. Nice Monkey

See original post.

16. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

@Nice Monkey May I ask again what the exact Internal DAC model numbers are deployed in the Z1000 Pro and UHD3000 please?

17. Nice Monkey

Only UHD3000 has a additional DAC panel with the ES9068 chip. On the motherboard there is an unknown DAC integrated into the SOC of the RTD1619DR SOC for both models.

18. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

Right, thank you

19. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Still waiting for delivery of my UHD3000 in Sydney, Australia.

Another operational question
    Assuming I install 2 hdd drives in the 3000 will I be able to 'map these as network drives' in my PC connected via samba and my network? Just wondering how to get material onto the drives. I wish there was an extensive users manual available! Yes I read manuals!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  20. Polypenko

Polypenko Active Member

I own a Zidoo Z1000pro with 1 HD bay, but the principle of copying data from a Pc to the Zidoo
    is the same.
    I purchasched a WD Gold 8Tb Harddisk, formated this in my PC as one partion Ntfs HD.
    Than copied all my data whilist the HD was still present in my pc and placed it in de z1000pro.
    (made separate folder Films / Star Wars / etc etc.)
    In the Mediaplayer you need to activate the Samba feature this will allow you to copy new data
    from your pc to the mp.
    On the pc ensure to activate Smb1 (see attached screenprint)

I have a network cable and the max speed I get copying new data is around 90 MB/s

What you also could do before you start copying massive loads of data, just copy two or three films to
    your new HD place it in the udh3000 and check is de hd is recognised and the data is available,
    than continue to copy all relevant data.

Enjoy your soon to receive uhd3000 player.

View attachment 6685 View attachment 6684

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021