Power Off but Wakes up In The Night

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by gadgetman, Feb 21, 2017.

1. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Strange problem here been the same on every firmware update but i have a work around so kept quiet because the unit had bigger issues, which are now sorted: )

If you hold the power button you get the option to turn off with one click, which works but the unit will turn on during the night, i suspect it's going into standby not powering off.

If i leave it so i press the power button then a pop up asking you to press again to turn off the unit it will remain OFF.

In the past i read on this forum customers returning the player for this issue and people writing was a power supply issue, well it's not it's a software issue.

2. Antonello

Antonello New Member

checks if you have infrared interference from some other device.
    I happened, I was going crazy, was the NVR that was in conflict. It happens if you have some other device nearby, not least the TV.

3. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

everything is turned off, which is why i'm convinced it's going into standby because my router will wake it up, had issue in the past with other devices. The software implication of turn off with one button is not going into power off mode but standby.

4. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Your X9S may not be fully powered off if you have an external power source back drive power into it, such as externally powered USB hub connected, HDMI source for recording that also have a 5V supply in the cable, or your X9S is hooked up to a HDMI switcher or Hi-Fi system.

You can experiment by disconnecting all HDMI and USB connections when you power off overnight next time. If the experiment works, then you should connect one cable at a time to find out who the culprit is

5. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

None off the above, like i said if i leave it to turn off with two presees the unit remains off. otherwise if i change (holding down the power button) for the option to switch off with one key press will turn on in the night, becuaes it's not turning off but i suspect going into standby its a software issue.

6. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

You have tried disconnect all HDMI and USB connections?

7. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

And BTW, Did it happens every night?

8. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

Yes you can guarantee when i wake up next day it's turned on. Convinced it goes to standby because i have it set for kodi to auto start when power on, but if i close kodi then do the one click power off option, kodi does not start up because it went into stanby. Understand?

9. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

Let try to power it off and also disconnect all cables (except power, of course) and all USB device from it.
    You may do disconnections also before powering off, if you remember what to push on the IR remote (sometimes I first power off TV and then X9S...)

Let us know your results.

10. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

No good after two days powered on in the night. The workaround is simply not to do the power one click off option. Then remains shut down.

11. PacoRabanne

To explain better: you mean that if you keep the "power button pressed" menu set as default (red on "power off" left circle) all is OK, else it power on autonomously during night?

12. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

When you press the power button you get two options one click power off with a 3 second countdown, that option for me will wake up during the night. If on the other hand i leave set to default press power button then a pop up to press ok to power off the player will remain off and not power on during the night. It's a bug in the software, not a big deal but kind of annoying when i just want to power off with one click.

13. PacoRabanne

OK, now is more clear, hope that Zidoo developers looks at this thread and answer directly.

14. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

Programmer said that the two options are the same.
    So can you check the power-adapter and the socket, if it had a bad contact, the power OFF-AND-ON during the night, box will be powered on.

15. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

all looks ok if was the power adapter or socket would it not turn on anyhow? no matter what option i use.

16. freeroc

freeroc Active Member

The power suddenly turn off and suddenly turn on will result in the box turn on.

17. gadgetman

gadgetman Active Member

yes but if i leave the option to turn off with two clicks stays off. Anyhow i give up seems like never going to get sorted.