Posterwall is naming some filmtitles with Chinese characters - how to change?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Thomas Dransfeldt, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Thomas Dransfeldt

Thomas Dransfeldt New Member

Hi
    I have several movies in my collection there Posterwall names them with chinese characters instead of English. The MKV file have a English name, the movie is registered in IMDB with an English Name. You can force Posterwall to change the poster to one with an English name but the movie are still named in Chinese. This is ruining the alphabetical sorting of movies in the Posterwall.
    What can I do to change this?
    [​IMG]

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you give an example?

3. muha

muha Active Member

Are movies in question original Asian movies? If yes, you have to change settings in HT4 to "not" to show movies in their original name.

4. Thomas Dransfeldt

Hi Muha
    Sorry for the late reply.
    Could you please guide me to there in the setup of HT4 to select "not" to show movies in their original name.
    I looked around for it but seems to miss there it is placed.

Thanks in advance.

5. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

He means for option: "Show movies in original names: NO"

6. Inikad

Inikad Active Member

Where is this option?

7. muha

muha Active Member

I have no idea. Had same problem with Ghibli movies, they all had Japanese names, now I don't remember nor could I find where did I turn it off.

Thomas Dransfeldt likes this.
  8. Thomas Dransfeldt

Maybe Zidoo removed the option.

9. Thomas Dransfeldt

I Started to use TinyMediaManager to create all the nfo, picture and info files.
    From TinyMediaManager it's possible to change the movie names from Chinese to English characters.
    When Posterwall reads the nfo files from TinyMediaManager it shows the movies with the English names.