"Poster Wall" User Guide?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by coyote2, Jun 13, 2022.

1. coyote2

coyote2 Member

I'm a UHD3000 noob trying to learn Poster Wall functionality. Is there a guide?

I'd like to understand the Settings better. I'd like to know if the "Poster Wall" software goes by some other name.

I plan to add HDDs with thousands of Movies and TV series', but first I tried adding a directory via SMB. (I added the wrong one, then Deleted it. Then I added the right one several times, and each time it kept scanning the previous wrong one. Even after I selected "Cleaup" and then "Remove". Even after I delete all Sources, it was still scanning something. Then finally I powered the UHD3000 off then on; I see that resolved it. I recall encountering same need to powercycle when configuring SMB; I guess powercycling is a UHD3000 need.)

I was astounded to find that all dozen items in my test folder were identified perfectly. Even though I've never used any syntax like
    Moviename (Movieyear)
    , preferring to keep original download-filenames. I was afraid that I and my carpal tunnel was was about to deeply regret that. (What a wonderful experience so far, coming from the PCH A-500's NMJ.)

Still, before scanning my HDDs full of content, I'd like to study up since I'll certainly need to tweak some stuff. Thanks in advance!

2. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

Sometimes with TV eps where you have for example Eureka - S03E05 'Show Me the Mummy'.avi Posterwall sometimes might interpret 'Show Me the Mummy' as a separate title especially if there is a movie by the same name. Worse if you had a download from a "certain source" example ".REAL.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION" with all those names etc, can cause difficulties, less so I've noticed with the latest firmware. Anyway I name my files simply Eureka S03E05.suffix (mkv, avi, mp4 etc)

coyote2 likes this.
  3. rozel

rozel Well-Known Member

coyote2 likes this.
  4. coyote2

coyote2 Member

Thank you very much, Netmask! (I'm so glad I got the UHD3000!)

Is there some syntax (like putting the stuff in the example in [brackets]) that gets Posterwall to ignore stuff?
    Thank you very much, rozel!

rozel likes this.