Pls Help Test Z9X with Oppo 203

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Apr 17, 2023.

1. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Which TV do you have? I forgot about eARC ha.

2. Tcl 98 inch it has the mediateck chip in it like the oppo has

3. Jimbo Randy

Jimbo Randy Active Member

Just to rule out basic settings mismatches, can you confirm that you have the Zidoo black level (or whatever it is called) set to "16-235?"

And do you have the same settings on the TV for both the Zidoo and the oppo? I'm assuming yes but I figured I would check.

4. The zidoo and the oppo are connected on my denon x8500ha using audioquest vodka hdmi cables from oppo and zidoo to the denon from the denon to tv to. My oppo is modified whit power supply and my z1000 pro is modified whit power supply and femto clock.
    And still the oppo is better in image and sound

5. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

no you're TV can't do lossless TrueHD or DTS-X, no TV can do it.

6. Earc can passthrough TrueHD and dts hd

7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

not with TV apps, if you use external box like Zidoo/Shield/Oppo, yes you get it if you have sound system that can playback lossless audio.

8. The tv has the MediaTek MT9615 chip it can do TrueHD and dts

9. Now playing fifty shades in dtsx from the app on my tcl 98inch tv so don't say it can't because it can

10. Nova player

Attached Files:

11. The logos on the left corner are from the tv

Attached Files:

12. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

13. It wass in 2022 alot of update have bin made.
    But you seen the pictures it's playing dtsx master and I'm using nova player on my TV playing a mkv file from my nas and its working perfectly.

I wass also blown away wen I tried it today and it worked it means the zidoo really have to make a super player next year wen not people wil use nova player on a tcl tv whit mediateck chip and it's good for playing your mkvs

14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Yup I am using all the recommended settings on the Zidoo and I have tried many other settings and combo's even trying to "fix" or match it to Oppo but have had no luck. Like a lot of A/B testing with Z9X testing.

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

To keep everyone posted, I tried to convert my 007 copy to mkv last night only to find MakeMKV s/w was expired so Im gonna try and get the right software to make the DV mkv and try then.

16. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Just use the latest key, always available here:

https://forum.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053

B0RN likes this.
  17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

18. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

The page sometimes takes a few days to get updated after the key expires, but be patient and it always arrives...

B0RN likes this.
  19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Well I really though this would be the end of it all but apparently LG wont play the mkv in DV even though the DV layer is kept intact via MakeMKV.

20. AxeYou

AxeYou New Member

You need to create an MP4 or TS, STDL preferred, and the first audio track must be lossy. Even then FEL playback isn’t stable.

@Reset_9999 maintains a sheet on DV playback devices here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...a5hEyongYMCDlUiLHU9n1f_S74/edit#gid=427220017

He also maintains a script to generate these compatible files. Link’s on that sheet, different tab.

B0RN and Reset_9999 like this.