Pls Help Test Z9X with Oppo 203

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by B0RN, Apr 17, 2023.

1. DrGiggles

DrGiggles Member

@B0RN
    Could this be what is causing the difference?
    Fake TV-Led mode on Realtek and other players:

2. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Could be... I dont know what he said on vid though.

3. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

It means the player is not sending TV-LED DV properly.

TV-LED = the rpu is processed by the TV
    Player-LED (LLDV)= the rpu is processed by the player

I made a simple video to understand it easily

4. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Which player oppo or z9x is not sending tv player dv correctly?

5. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

I dont have an Oppo but I tested the Sony X700 which has the same SOC and TV-LED is working properly.

I dont know about the Z9x.

B0RN likes this.
  6. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Damn - that's interesting.

The Zidoo does the same.

So let me get this right, that's 12-bit 422 tunneled in 8-bit RGB but the RPU is preprocessed like LLDV.

So what does the TV do with the RPU?

B0RN likes this.
  7. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Active Member

I'm using TV LED with my Z9X och LG C2, is it wrong?

8. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

That's a good question. I hope it doesnt process the RPU again.

9. Chirita Laurentiu

Chirita Laurentiu New Member

Is preprocessed by russians in a tiny bottle of vodka. The superchip for future Lumagen device.

10. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

I have an idea, maybe it's a long shot but it's worth a try.

We could use the LLDV bug with cmv2.9 devices to verify if the RPU is processed two times with this test file.
    The LLDV bug with cmv2.9 devices is the L2 trim Chroma Weight that doesnt work so if the test file shows a Chroma Weight response on those ''fake'' tv-led devices, that would suggest that the rpu is processed two times.

This can't be tested with the 2022 LG TVs though(don't know about 2023) because, on those TVs, for some unknown reasons, Chroma Weight doesnt work regardless of the player(not even the internal player).
    Anyway, I did the test on Chromecast + C8 and I can confirm that the RPU is processed only one time since, Chroma Weight has no effect in TV-LED. If the TV was processing the RPU as well, it would react.

B0RN likes this.
  11. Markswift2003

Yeah, that makes sense.

I can't decide whether this is the bombshell it looks like or whether it's nothing to be worried about. I don't think it's anything to be bothered about. But its odd it hasn't come to light earlier, especially with all the Dolby docs floating around.

It feels like an extension of the compromise Dolby had to make for Sony when they had to repurpose LLDV from gaming to video because of Sony's underpowered processors.

The heavy lifting in TV Led is recombining the enhancement layer and base layer - I dare say it doesn't matter whether the player or the display processes the RPU - that's the easy bit. As I say, just odd we've never noticed before.

Going to to do a bit more testing today when I get chance - takes a bit of getting your head around.

I'd kind of expect this sort of thing from VS10 because of what it's designed for ("universal playback solution for HDR")
    which explains why the Realtek boxes do it and presumably Mediatek, Hisilicon & Mstar too since they adopted it in 2015.

AxeYou likes this.
  12. Markswift2003

Ok, the plot thickens...

So I tried the RPU Lake test and the Eagle file you linked to above on my Sony 700 and the same as you, no interaction from the RPU when playing TV Led DV onto a non DV display.

However, I then tried this file which is one I made a couple of years ago to test FEL and RPU.

https://mega.nz/file/IfJnybgY#5AS1ED0TjKRVruGYEmNaojJO5GI6PGB1yx1AxWiyQzs

This is Profile 7 Double Track Double Layer MP4 from Mortal Engines but the base layer has been replaced with a test pattern (from Mehanik's test patterns).

I made this to prove FEL and RPU response from various boxes.

Try this on your Sony 700 and you'll see a FEL response in TV Led - it becomes very obvious at about 26s

This is another - this time the base layer is replaced by a static grey scale:

https://mega.nz/file/pK51Fb5Q#3sSYl_XzPmZdHY7Uez3HBtfes-aL2OYxhH7OUKch1G8

And this is the first file as Profile 8 with the FEL removed just to be sure that wasn't causing some interaction:

https://mega.nz/file/dSRHWY4R#7YJvho8iiRDJ5Odb8Hh4zQYjRR6Nlb_ZghS1Id4SaIc

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  13. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

What does this all mean lol as its going over my head and feel like I've stepped into:

[​IMG]

Edworld likes this.
  14. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

PS, I'd be happy to test the files you all have linked above but dont have any equipment/fancy toys to check the info. otherwise.

15. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

I dont wanna muddy the waters but this vicent teo vid has a few amazing examples or what I sense between the DV of Z9X and Oppo. The examples captures a good sense of what I see in person, though ff course these are in SDR but the richness and brightness gives a good idea. Especially the screenshot below. Both my devices are in TV-LED.

And though some examples are more extreme than others, unless one was looking at these side by side, they wouldn't really know what they were missing or not seeing.

upload_2023-5-30_9-30-16.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2023
  16. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

Yes, that is what I was talking about with L2 Trim Chroma Weight not working in LLDV. Try the Eagle test file I posted yesterday, you will see what's not working.

But this is not really a problem with real content since L2 Trim Chroma Weight is not used 95% of the movies/TV. The spears and munsil clip (the video in vincent example) just happen to use it Chroma weight a lot.
    I plotted the trims pass:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B0RN likes this.
  17. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

10-4, I will watch this on my C9 but only via YT and see whats up.

18. Reset_9999

Reset_9999 Member

YT ?? not sure what this mean but you have to watch the file in DV on your Oppo and on the Zidoo.

And btw, No Time To Die does not have L2 600-1000nits trim pass.

19. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

Oh I thought it was a YT video (Youtube), didnt realize it was a file... I can try on oppo/zidoo then, np.

20. B0RN

B0RN Active Member

So regardless, No Time To Die would not have this issue or either Z9X or Oppo? Well... hehe