Plex stuttering

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by norVR, Nov 10, 2019.

1. norVR

norVR New Member

Ive been experiencing stuttering with plex and I’m not sure what’s causing it. Content is direct play from local plex server. If I play the content from Media Center, it plays fine. Any ideas?

2. beefy76

beefy76 New Member

I wanted to use this box to play back my media from an emby server via samba. Unfortunately most of my playback stutters using anything other than the media centre .
    I wanted to use kodi as a front end but this has been impossible, I came from an nvidia shield which was perfect apart from not playing frame packed 3d....

3. norVR

norVR New Member

I have 4 nvidia shields which I love. This Z9S has been amazing so far for everything. It’s strange that it’s just through the plex app (also plex via kodi) that the stuttering happens. Home theater is awful at detecting shows so I’d like to still keep using plex. I feel like I wasn’t experiencing this before. Unless it’s a certain frame rate that’s causing the problem with the app.

4. beefy76

beefy76 New Member

I forgot to mention, I only get the stutters when playing a file from my server. Anything played locally, either from the on board storage or USB plays fine.

5. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Plex doesn’t have any specific hardware support for this chipset or an option to use internal player so you will have problems.