Plex client for zidoo early version(24 Sep updated)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. Etienne

Etienne New Member

For a first release, it works quite well !

2. damagedspline

damagedspline New Member

How hard would it be to make Emby work like that?

3. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I tried Emby and it just works as designed with one exception being unable to call the native video and music players of Zidoo. It just uses its own internal players instead.

Most move to Jellyfin as the new alternative for Emby.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  4. MetalGear

MetalGear New Member

M2ts Dual layer Dolby Vision does not play in Dolby Vision only HDR10

5. Rob W

Rob W Active Member

Hi, so the link is still named v1.0.17, but the update info says it should be v1.0.20. I tried editing the link to .20 but it says not found. Is the new version not available yet or did you save it as the old version number?

6. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    pcristi and Rob W like this.
  7. McBluna

8. MetalGear

MetalGear New Member

M2ts Dual layer Dolby Vision does not play in Dolby Vision only HDR10, but when played directly in HT4 it plays Dolby Vision just fine.

9. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Still does not work for some people!! It still gives me the same black page that says "Plex media service access failed, please check the service network configuration" Funny how it thinks the error is on my end when I have the same setup working on 2 other devices. My Shield and my computer have it running fine. I have external hard drives connected to my laptop which has the server on it. The only thing the update did is add my user name to the error page. So thanks!

10. MetalGear

MetalGear New Member

I think I found out what the problem is with Plex not playing M2TS files in Dolby Vision, Zidoo itself does not support M2TS Dolby Vision in UPNP\DLNA

11. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Not knowing what episode you have watched or not is starting to become a pain.

12. McBluna

Episodes that are watched in Zidoo Plex are stored on the Plex Server and the status can be seen on other clients, but not in Zidoo Plex. Zidoo has to add an indicator for it.

13. McBluna

@mirror please add watched indicator and fix resume playing indicator in Zidoo Plex app.

I've started first episode and jumped to 18:25, then I've started second episode and jump to 21:03. The indicator for first episode is gone after return. The status is correctly stored on Plex Server and resume playing is working. Only the indicator is missing.
    Screenshot_20220805-210201.png Screenshot_20220805-210501.png

Episode 1 and 2 are marked watched, 3 and 4 unwatched in Plex web app.
    plex_web.png

14. lufc001

lufc001 New Member

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question but can we not just use the Official Plex apk? Is there a reason why the app has been redesigned? I quite like the Plex interface.

15. McBluna

The Official Plex app don't use the Zidoo Video Player and since it's not open source Zidoo has to build it's own.

16. Andras

Andras New Member

I had the same issue. Solved by adding a customised dns (1.1.1.1) in my router. Since then it works without any issues.

17. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

I was going to say something about the interface as well. If they can’t use it, what’s the point of building a different app and interface? Just build in support for using Plex server as source into HT4 like other apps have done. Just my 2 cents as a long time Plex user.

18. The Plex scraper I find to be much more reliable in accurately matching my TV library, so even the current version of the Plex app is already an improvement over using HT 4.0 for me.

19. Anthony C.

Anthony C. Member

Oh I know. That’s why I haven’t even attempted adding my TV library and still watch those on my ATV4K. :) Hence add in support to use Plex server and it’s data in lieu of HT4’s data IF someone has Plex in their ecosystem.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  20. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

I should not have to go screwing around with my router for an app to work. That is ridiculous. Obviously whoever made the app put specifics in for their setup making it not work with other setups.