Plex client for zidoo early version(24 Sep updated)

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by mirror, Jul 28, 2022.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

It's strange that no matter what we do, we can't reproduce it

2. lawdawg

lawdawg Active Member

Yeah, I'm going to point things out when I see them. I don't have to sit on my comments until you give me permission. Nor do I expect them to prioritize my comments over getting more important things working. Which is essentially what I said in my first post in this thread.

Not sure why you felt the need to even reply...

3. mirror

Do you try switch another server?
    upload_2022-7-29_10-15-8.png

4. emb531

emb531 Member

5. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Yeah i checked the code and all they do atm is this:
    Code:
    intent.putExtra("plexlist", list.getPath());
    intent.putExtra("currentPosition", viewOffset);
    context.startActivity(intent);

From what i see there is not much going on here, they use the default system fileOpen Api to find a Activity for the filetype/extension and than set just the plexlist and the startPosition.
    There is no result handling or playback reporting at all. So its basically as if the Plexclient just had a "open with external player" option.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
    pcristi likes this.
  6. mattmarsden

mattmarsden Active Member

What I have noticed is it passes the movie mame from Plex, not the file name to the Zidoo player. Also I had to have resume set to on in the Zidoo player and it was reporting resume positions and watcged status to Plex.

I won’t be switching from Jellyfin to Plex! Your Jellyfin client is so much better!

7. mirror

In fact, we use data sharing between applications without these APIs.
    Because everything is defined by ourselves, we can use it more flexibly.

8. mirror

It depends on which server you like to use. We just add a possibility

pcristi likes this.
  9. andy22

andy22 Active Member

Oh ok, so you added multi-user data handling to the internal player?

The main reason i could not use any local Bookmark/Resume handling, is because it has no multi-user awareness. So if you have multiple users, you need the data per user from the server and not the local saved Bookmarks.

Ofc i'm happy that users have more choices so good work and for my stuff, this can also mean that some open issues could be resolved, since they should also appear via the Plex client.

PS: @mirror btw how do you plan to handle transcodes? I still have the open issue that i can't get a working seekable transcode option to work with the internal player.
    I tried HLS via .m3u and .ts, but this is unstable and seek/position are not working correctly.
    Atm i just use progressive .mkv via transcode, but than you can't seek at all.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  10. mirror

Maybe create a sample record to us.

11. mattmarsden

I prefer how the Jellyfin client works - you can choose before launching whether you want to resume or play from beginning.

12. mattmarsden

Yes I agree, its great to have the choice.

13. McBluna

McBluna Well-Known Member

14. McBluna

This is my Plex in a Browser on a different machine
    Screenshot 2022-07-29 120652.png

15. McBluna

here from my mobile
    Screenshot_20220729-121005_Plex.png

Attached Files:

16. Wolfh

Wolfh New Member

Thanks for the apk, nice work.
    One question, please. I have a plex server in my dad house, not at my home. This plex apk client will works in this scenario, or it is mandatory that plex server and client was in the same network? Thanks and regards.

17. McBluna

It depends on if Remote Access works for the Plex Server and the upload speed to the internet is fast enough. Did you try it with Plex on your mobile or any other Plex client yet?

Remote Access doesn't work for me because I don't have an IP4 connection to my ISP. It's a DS-light tunnel.

upload_2022-7-30_15-36-11.png

upload_2022-7-30_15-41-19.png

Last edited: Jul 30, 2022
  18. Stefano C

Stefano C Member

Hi, I have a LG Cx with Plex App installed...whit this app installed in my zidoo could I use zidoo as server to reproduce videos with tv's plex app? I'd like because with zidoo media player I have a few trouble with some resynched remuxed converted audio flac...thanks

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

No.

20. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

It's alright I suppose as a very basic front for a plex server providing access to the Zidoo player, but it is very basic.