Please Add Proper Fixes for functionality!

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

1: It's a pretty serious issue having gaps in my seasons going from episode 1 to episode 3 cause Zidoo has not implemented proper naming for multi-episode files. I have about 25 popular shows that have gaps everywhere cause Season 1 Episode 1 and Season 1 Episode 2 are mixed into a single file. The proper naming for this example is "TV Show Name S01E01S01E02.mkv and should show both episodes as separate videos in the HT app not just season 1 episode 1, then Season 1 episode 3 it's frustrating... and has been ignored for years. This is an important issue!!!! especially for people that like their library complete and neat.

2: Why after watching the last episode from season 1 of a show does the show disappear from the Up Next section? Do people not watch The first episode of season 2 next?

Thanks and I hope this does not come off as rude, but I have been mentioning these issues for years as others have and have gotten ignored. I don't know if it's cause they don't understand or they don't think having episode gaps in your shows is an issue. there are literally at the very least 40 popular American shows from 1986 - 2010 that have gaps everywhere. All the Star Trek shows, Battlestar Galactica, Lost, and The Stargate series, The Outer Limits from the '90s, Dexter, Prison Break, Grimm, True Blood, The X-Files, and many more.

Franconian likes this.
  2. Yohmi

Yohmi Member

I had to read your post several times to understand, because I don't get why several episodes are in the same file, so it didn't make sense to me in the first place haha

Maybe the reason it's not being implemented is that the player wouldn't know where to start if you launch episode 2 from a file with several episodes inside. You are using another player which is able to do that ?
    Maybe a workaround from the developers would be to create a multi-episode number, so when a file named s01e01s01e02, you'd see a 1-2 block (like what they use for long seasons for moving from one half to the other) in the UI and then a normal 3 ?

By the way, I'm not sure the title of the topic helps to understand your request and gather other people affected by the issue…

Last edited: Feb 3, 2023
  3. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

It would know where to start cause every episode has a runtime that tells it where episode 1 ends and where episode 2 begins. Every other front end doess this. Emby. Plex, kodi. I'm also pretty sure the media provider ie TVDB and TMDB aid in this regard.