Player with DV, HRD10+, VP9, Atmos/DTS:X, dual HDMI out, 4KUHD iso menu navigation and Autoframerate

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1296)' started by Dmitry, May 31, 2019.

1. looun

looun Member

Hisilicon soc support dolby vision from data sheet and can me select on Dinobot, but there si not software/SDK to player dolby vision.
    with all Hisilicon player Egreat, Himedia and Dinobot :
    - UHD iso/BDMV not work
    - mp4 DV non work
    - netflix DV not work

M9702 like oppo/pioneer ecc.. use official dolby vision library/SDK licenzed by dolby.

Like DV the HDR+ need official libary/SDK, HDR+ it's "royalty free" not open source.

DV and HDR+ are "black box" ,without library/SDK can not be playback.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    zarathoestra likes this.
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

When visiting a friend with a TV including DV will test Netflix 4K+DV using my Dinobot. My Philips TV does not include DV so you may be right that DV can only be configured in setup but still won't work?
    I am sure UHD BD's with ISO/Folders do work on all Hisilicon boxes. Use Egreat and Dinobot myself with my TV and a Projector in 4K. Maybe you justed wanted to say that those UHD BD's including DV in 1080P too don't reproduce that track? Never thought it would myself and regard that format a gimmick. HDR10+ in 4K is supposedly to replace that but really needs the additional HDMI2.1 bandwidth capability too.
    The Dinobot also works with (test) broadcasts in 4K via Satelite. Also stations with HLG do work but can't verify on my TV that it is active or not. That one uses the OpenATV APP which is not part of the SDK of Himedia. It has a direct Android interface similar to KODI.

Maybe not that obvious but also any AMP in the chain must support DV, HLG, HDR10, HDR10+ to reproduce these HDR formats. Many don't and specifically HDR10+ is mostly still absent even on brand new model receivers (Onkyo e.g). Using Dual HDMI (Audio to AMP and Video to TV) on media players is clumsy in practice is my experience (Egreat A11, Pioneer BDP-LX55).

3. looun

looun Member

no , i have test Dinobot U5 PVR with mine Lg E8 , DV not work like egreat A5 and q10 pro.

HLG it's open HDR.

4. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Thanks for sharing. Will test myself with my Dinobot U5 Mini too and add the result here then.
    This may take a while.

The PVR and Mini use a slightly different SOC and FW.
    Dinobot U5 mini Update 20190612 AndroidTV 8.0
    -Netflix HDR
    -Amazon Prime (partially working)
    -Improved UI on various issue

This FW has not been released for the PVR as far as I know.