only utilizing 1.2Ghz and 2 Cores?

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X1' started by Rob Hart, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

Hey Guys,

Did we work out why the Zidoo X1 is only utilizing 1.2Ghz and 2 Cores?

Thanks Rob.

2. KainXS

KainXS New Member

I also noticed this and was just writing about it in my review of this box, from what I see the CPU is factory set to 1.2Ghz but you can use all 4 cores, although when it is Idle 2 cores are sleeping by default it seems. I tried to set to 1.5Ghz with No Frills CPU Control but failed(broken pipe)so root might be required.

Can anyone confirm this, is 1.5Ghz possible.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  3. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

4. csgabe

csgabe New Member

Most likely cpu governor is set to hotplug. Change it to ondemand with no frills cpu control(root required).

5. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

Yes I think that 1.5Ghz needs to be attainable, although as far as the 4 cores is concerned, isn't this only an issue in Kodi?

6. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I trie
    I tried using No Frills CPU Control with the rooted firmware but that didn't work either.

7. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    It has the DVFS module,it control the cpu 480Mhz~1.2Ghz.when the cpu is idle,and it will only two core with 480Mhz.
    We tested the most part, the situation is very unusual 4-core 1.2Ghz.
    We can input the command "cpu_monitor -s 500" to test the cpu.

8. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

But why are the cores running at a maximum of 1.2Ghz and not the specified 1.5?

9. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    The 1.5 is the limit for H3,it is not safe for product,it only for test.

10. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

It would best to modify the 1.5 in the marketing then because it will likely make customers unhappy when they find out that it cannot be reached.

11. KainXS

KainXS New Member

well to be fair it is advertized as not being exactly 1.5Ghz, its Up to 1.5Ghz:(

but still if you guys knew it could not handle above 1.2Ghz then you should have just put @ 1.2Ghz to be honest so blue is right.

12. Rob Hart

Rob Hart New Member

Kind of reminds me of the Peak vs RMS days of Amplifiers.

13. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

It is the kind of thing that will likely put mistrust into the minds of purchasers, so for the sake of not risking the ruination of what is to date a good reputation, it should be modified.

14. dragan.pavlovic

dragan.pavlovic New Member

Correct.

And why write 1,5ghz when its not reached "ever".

Whats bugging me more is that as far as I can see NO Airmouses works correctly: I have a Rii Mini Keyboard (with touchpad) its like something is interfering as the mouse cursor is moving like its crazy. The same with a Tracknet device (also keyboard plus touchpad) and the famous F10 Mele Pro. So why did you Zidoo guys didn't test the device with airmouses ?!?

15. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I've had similar problems with 2 of my mice.

In the end I had to use a powered USB hub and even then I had to keep it a good foot away from the X1 to get a reasonable reception.

16. dragan.pavlovic

Ok, but still Zidoo should have done more testing here. If there isn't enough power or there are interferences than there is a hardware-design error.

I will test a different power-supply since zidoo has only a 2A...maybe with 3A there will be more success.

17. spring

spring Guest

hi:
    2A/5V is enough for 2.4 dongle. Do you have other more power-hungry device inserted in the X1?

18. dragan.pavlovic

No. I don't know if its power or some interference but in the current state all of my input devices (except the x1 remote) are allmost non-usable .

19. Bluesmanuk

Bluesmanuk Member

I think that testing for signal interference would be in order to get to the bottom of this.