Only stereo in Plex app

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by drubaduro, May 15, 2020.

1. drubaduro

drubaduro New Member

Hi there!

Could anybody know how to fix my problem? I can't get multichannel bitstream from Zidoo to my Pioneer receiver while using Plex, only 2.0 detected, devices are connected through HDMI, all audio settings in Plex are set to "RAW", however, for example, in Kodi app i can get normal 5.1 bitstream easily.

Thank you in advance.

2. MaxPX

MaxPX New Member

Hi can you please let me know how to install it?. I have just got the Z9S and am not aware of how it is possible to install different apps (PLEX, AMAZON PRIME). Once I know how to install it I will check.

3. lefteris82

lefteris82 New Member

Official PLEX is not working good, because it cannot use the internal player of the Z9s.

I'm using KODI 18.6 + official plex for Kodi addon + KODI/XMBC wrapper and working great.
    I access my plex library and play the videos with the zidooplayer (autoframe , passthrough etc..)

4. drubaduro

drubaduro New Member

As i remember, google playmarket is added at latest firmware, anyway, there was a link to playmarket app somewhere in the forum.

5. drubaduro

drubaduro New Member

My expirience with Kodi is very strange, i was unable to add network library at all, so neither posters, nor the watching history was unavailable. Remote resource added, but only as a folder, no more. Using Plex always was easy and friendly.
    Could you please describe your configuration more detailed? What "plex for kodi", "kodi/xbmc" is, their functionality and typical settings?
    Thank you much!

6. lefteris82

lefteris82 New Member

Hello. Plex addon is in the officialy repository in KODI.
    you can go to addons -> install from repository -> kodin add-on repository -> video add-ons -> Plex

then the XBMC KODI Wrapper you have to buy it from here
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.xmister.xbmcwrapper

here are my settings for wrapper

[​IMG]

the bad is that the progress for example of a tv series is not saved. you have to go manyally and mark the episode(s) you watched.

Although, for movies i'm using HT 2.0 which i really starting to like it a lot. Cant wait to official get HT 3.0.

7. norVR

norVR New Member

Hey, did you guys download Kodi? or using that ZDMC that comes installed on the zidoo?

Edit: So ZDMC uses the zidoo player, but not movies that are sourced from the plex connect locations. I see why the wrapper would be needed.

Edit 2: The wrapper only works on kodi, not ZDMC

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  8. norVR

norVR New Member

With the wrapper does kodi still show the kodi GUI over the Zidoo player? Or if I see the kodi GUI during a movie playback does that mean it’s not using the Zidoo player. Hope that wasn’t confusing.

9. lefteris82

lefteris82 New Member

as you mentioned the wrapper works with KODI 18.6 from play storer.
    NO, when the wrapper is 'working' the zidoo player is the player. If during the playback you see the KODI GUI player then the wrapper does not work.

10. norVR

norVR New Member

Ahh ok. Thanks for the update. I’m gonna stick with HT for now and hope 3 is out soon.