Not that impressed

Discussion in 'General - Guides and FAQ' started by Tricky2beat, Jan 23, 2023.

Tags:
  1. Tricky2beat

Tricky2beat New Member

So i’m going to assume I have done something wrong. Like most of us on this forum we are avid audiovisual enthusiasts. My current setup is fairly basic with the LG CX and the Sonos Arc +5.1. I got the Zidoo Z1000 pro and currently playback some 4K backed up movies in MKV for format. Overall I am not incredibly impressed with the picture quality and I appreciated that is a very wide statement but the quick version is I have tried all the recommended settings on my film still look subpar to streaming services directly from the LGTV. I can’t understand why this is the case and I’m not sure if it’s my TV the Zidoo box or the backing up method. I just wonder if anyone else has had similar experience or is this all in my head :)

2. Jason_77

Jason_77 New Member

It's possible that you may be encountering a few different issues that are affecting the picture quality of your 4K backed up movies. Here are some factors to consider:
    File format: MKV is a container format that can contain various video and audio codecs. Depending on the codecs used, the picture quality may not be as good as other formats like H.265 or VP9.
    Backing up method: The quality of the backup may have been affected during the process, resulting in a lower quality picture. It's important to use a reliable method to back up your movies and to make sure that the backup process is done correctly.
    TV and media player compatibility: Some TVs may not be compatible with certain media players or may not support certain codecs. Make sure that your TV and media player are compatible with each other and that your TV supports the codecs used in your backed up movies.
    Picture settings: It's possible that the recommended picture settings for your TV and media player may not be optimal for your specific setup. You may need to adjust the picture settings to get the best picture quality for your setup.
    It's also possible that you may simply be comparing the picture quality to that of a streaming service, which typically uses a different encoding and compression method. Streaming services often have to balance picture quality with the limited bandwidth available, which can result in a lower quality picture.
    In any case, it might be helpful to try playing a few different movie files to see if the issue persists and to isolate any specific factors that may be causing the problem.