Not Sure What's Going On With LLDV

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Nicholas Hewitt, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Nicholas Hewitt

Nicholas Hewitt Active Member

Before when I select LLDV, an LLDV Logo would appear in the top left corner, then they changed it so it said VS10 with Dolby underneath it in the top left corner. Now all I'm getting when Selecting LLDV is a Plain Dolby Logo in the top right corner which is where my TV's Logo for Dolby appears, then when I play a video it says vs10 with Dolby underneath it. I really wish they would stop messing around with things that don't make sense to mess around with when there are actually more serious things to work on. I mean who comes up with the idea to confuse people. It seems with every update they're giving less and less info, so you have no clue what's going on. It was fine in the beginning!!!!!! If it's LLDV show LLDV! If it's VS10 show VS10 It's really quite simple. Sorry to rant but I like to be informed on what I'm getting! Instead they add more options for how to watch your shows but give you less info on what you're getting.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  2. ammar11

ammar11 Well-Known Member

LLDV or standard DV, both are DV. It's not different types of DV. Any 4k blu-ray disc player in the world will only show DV logo.

The difference is player-led or TV-led. Just a method.

In Zidoo's environment, it's showing the logos as it should be.
    • All non-native DV content when converted by the VS10 Engine to DV, the logo says VS10 Dolby Vision.
    • All native DV content when using the existing DV data from the file, no conversion is done, the logo says Dolby Vision.
    • For your TV, both will just be Dolby Vision, it has no way to know if it's converted or native
    So it's the correct standard naming. To confirm which method, push the Info button on the Zidoo remote and you'll see YUV422 12-bits if your HDR settings is set to LLDV. You can see this on your TV too.

Personally I don't want this to change, it's how it should be.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    xskip likes this.
  3. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

It’s exactly how it should be. There is absolutely no need to indicate whether it’s LLDV or DV every time you start a video because you choose what you want to have (or what your TV is capable of).

4. DudeDB

DudeDB New Member

When I set LLDV, all my DV content only runs at 1920x1080P @60Hz RGB 8 Bit. When I set it to standard it shows 3840x2160P @ 30Hz RGB 8 bit. HDR in settings is on Automatic. I'm using an LG TV 65UH8500. HDR10 content runs perfectly normal. What am I doing wrong?

5. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you post your EDID?

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

6. DudeDB

DudeDB New Member

I opened the file in notepad and it doesn't list what I saw on the screen.

I did see that everything is set to 8 Bit RGB however.

File is uploaded. Not sure if you'll see the same thing I saw

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  7. DudeDB

DudeDB New Member

I just set Custom EDID to BT2020 LLDV EDID and it seems to have fixed the problem

8. DudeDB

DudeDB New Member

Although I'm getting 4k 60Hz YUV422 12 Bit BT2020 DV, I no longer the the DV picture options for my TV. Not really a deal breaker.

9. Markswift2003

As I suspected, your LG does not support LLDV, only TV Led DV.

DV Version: 1, [long 15-byte version]
    DV DM Version: v3.x
    DV Interface: standard DV only
    2160p60: not supported
    YUV422 12bit: not supported
    Global Dimming: supported
    Backlight Control: not supported
    RED Primary: 0.656, 0.324
    GREEN Primary: 0.293, 0.613
    BLUE Primary: 0.152, 0.043
    MAX/MIN Luminance: 450 / 0.295 nits

If you use the custom LLDV EDID you are essentially sending an LLDV signal to the TV but it doesn't know what to do with it - forget that.

The correct settings for your TV is Settings/Display/Dolby Vision Compatibility Mode > Priority Standard DV (TV Led)

That will output 8-bit RGB which is correct for TV Led Dolby Vision as it uses HDMI tunneling to send the 12-bit YUV image in an 8-bit RGB stream.

10. DudeDB

DudeDB New Member

I turned off the custom EDID and the 8 Bit image looks better.

Thanks a lot

11. Markswift2003

As I said, it's actually a 12-bit image, it's just transported down HDMI in an 8-bit container.

AngryVirginian likes this.