Not getting DTS HD MA output from Zidoo UHD 3000

Discussion in 'other' started by Erdinç, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Erdinç

Erdinç New Member

Hi there,

I am a new owner of a Zidoo UHD 3000. I have the primary hdmi output connected to my projector and I have the second hdmi output to my AV processor. The Zidoo players audio settings is set to RAW. I can playback Dolby truehd content or atmos content just fine, however when I play any content that is in DTS master audio, the AV processor is only getting regular DTS.

The media info screen on Zidoo shows my files having a DTS MA track but when I start playing the file, the audio track selection screen also only shows DTS as the option, not DTS HD.

My AV processor is compatible with DTS HD. I am suspecting that the Zidoo player thinks that it isn’t and not enabling DTS HD output.

Note that DTS downmix option also is disabled.

Can you help me with this? Why am I not getting DTS HD output from my player?

Thanks for your help

Erdinç

2. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Can you post two EDIDs:

1. With the Zidoo connected as you describe above

2. With the Zidoo connected normally like this: Zidoo > Amp > Projector (using main HDMI output only)

To Download EDID
    ================

Settings/Display/Custom EDID/Save EDID

Save to a USB stick or network location.

Change the file extension from .bin to .txt to upload to the forum

(The forum won't accept .bin files)

3. Erdinç

Erdinç New Member

Here you go, find the edid.txt attached. When I connected the first HDMI output directly to the AV processor and got both audio and video through that, I was able to get DTS HD Master Audio. Looks like my issue is limited to the second (audio only) HDMI output only.

My AV processor (NAD m17) is having issues passing through HDR10+ and DV content so I would like to separate audio and video on Zidoo. (That's why I bought this model as opposed to cheaper models)

Thanks for your help

Attached Files:

• edid.txt
      File size:
      256 bytes
      Views:
  4. Markswift2003

That's why I asked for two EDIDs.

5. Erdinç

Erdinç New Member

Sorry I should have read your message more carefully. Find the saved edid when first HDMI output is attached to my JVC projector and second audio out only HDMI output is connected to the AV processor.

Attached Files:

6. Erdinç

Erdinç New Member

I am puzzled, but after all this unplugging and plugging the cables back in, I now am getting DTS HD output with my exact original config.

7. Markswift2003

Ok, so what's even more puzzling is that the second EDID you sent does not have any audio support at all (because it's just a projector) which would explain why DTS-HD would not be supported but doesn't explain why TrueHD content is supported.

Neither does it explain why DTS-HD is now working!

However I suspect that if you reboot you will lose DTS-HD again and possibly TrueHD.

Also, because the amp will not pass HDR10+, that is missing from the EDID.

Try the EDID below (switch on Custom EDID, load this into a spare slot and tick it). This is a full HDMI2 EDID with all audio formats and HDR10+

https://mega.nz/file/YDw0iA6I#rSAsqeJ1khmRX5QsfLrpeTriaIbhWH5faEyTanYQwg8