Non linear stretch/remove black bars

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Muhammad USMAN, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Hi. I have zidoo z10pro. I want to remove the black bars which are on top and bottom of the screen during video playback. Other aspects ratios/zoom function cant do it. It is possible in mpc and kodi and few other softwares support it like by using the num pad 8,2,6 and 4 in media player classic. Can you add it in future updates? I know it decreases the picture quality but many people use it for full screen experience.

2. wiking

wiking New Member

3. Netmask

Netmask Well-Known Member

I have to reveal I'm in the anti-removal of black bars camp!
    But if you must you can use programs like Vidcoder or Handbrake or uncropMKV 1.55 in the case of MKV files. But my propaganda part, please respect the wishes of the director or auteur and learn to love black bars, after all they are in cinemas as motorised black velvets.

Mabon likes this.
  4. Its a feature that people like and others also dislike. Like many other features it a small feature that can be added easily i hope. Its a personal perspective. Those who dont want to use it they can continue to watch in default aspect ratio. In my opinion adding a feature will not result in any harm to the player or videoplayback i suppose. Its an additional golden feather in the cap. Videoplayers offers many features some people use them some dont. Its a choice.

5. wiking

wiking New Member

Dat is juist!!! een keuze!!

6. Vincenzo Boemi

Vincenzo Boemi New Member

I suggest a function to shift the video portion when there are black bars. I've used this function with my old Lumagen XS 3D to to obtain a constant height from carpet.
    TIA,
    Vincenzo

7. Same thing i said. A feature to remove the black portion or non linear stretch. As you said only hifi videoplayers/video renderers(lumagen/mad envy) are capable to do it. This device hardware is also capable. Only sofware developers need workout the software feature. Editing video to remove blackbars by softwares like handbrake/vidcodder/uncropmkv takes time let alone ripping and downloading them.

8. wiking

wiking New Member

9. Darrinb

Darrinb Member

I was searching for non-liner stretching and found your thread:) I'd LOVE to see something like this on the Zidoo...but I would say it's probably stretching the unit beyond it's limits. Lumagen does a terrific job at this but regardless, you're still losing a small amount of picture information. That said, I would love to have something like this baked into the Zidoo.

Muhammad USMAN likes this.
  10. +1

11. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Not supported in the SOC I'm afraid.