No TV screensaver in Neo Alpha ?

Discussion in 'HDD Media player(RTD 1619DR)' started by Akhnaten, Nov 18, 2022.

1. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Hi,

By watching several videos on the advice for Zidoo settings, I saw two parameters
    that I do not find on my Neo Alpha :

- HDCP Setting (witch allows to switch between 2.2, 1.4, and Off)

- Screensaver setting (Only a screensaver is available for the OLED touchscreen of the player,
    and adjustable from it, but I don't find the one for the screen of the TV... witch is problematic).

This is all the more surprising since the "Weather" option is present, but not visible anywhere,
    since there is no screensaver for the TV screen, to display the weather informations !

Where are these settings, and above all, where are these two parameter/feature ?!

Is there any hidden expert/advanced menu, that I didn't find in this player ?
    Or it's just missing from the v6.7.42 beta, and we can hope to see them
    accessible again in the next release ?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2022
  2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

No, no Android Menu access with Neo players. :(

3. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

Alright, thanks for the info, but what does that mean in relation to the two missing settings ?

The screensaver is a basic and essential feature, not an "expert" setting that would need to be moved
    to an inaccessible menu...

And even the HDCP setting, in other players, is not hidden, and directly accessible in the video settings.

So, it doesn't tell me why these settings are missing, or if they will reappear in a future update (?)

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  4. Sledgehamma

Sledgehamma Well-Known Member

Screensaver is likely missing due to the dual display output of the Neo (OLED screen on the device + hdmi output).

5. Akhnaten

Akhnaten Member

It's also something I thought about, but in fact if it's really the reason, for me it's a non-issue, because you don't need
    a screensaver to activate at the same time on the player's OLED touchscreen, and on the TV.

I know that the RTD1619DR cannot send two simultaneous video streams to the OLED touchscreen and to the HDMI output...
    but that's not a problem : When watching a movie, the OLED touchscreen turns off automatically.

Ziddo would be able to implement exactly the same thing with a screensaver for the television :
    when you choose to activate it, it simply turns off the player's OLED touchscreen.

And what about the HDCP setting ?

Do you think it is possible to report this to Zidoo ?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

You already did as they do read along here for sure.