No Joy :-(

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by kaneda79, Feb 13, 2018.

1. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Hi guys,

today the wifi of my H6 Pro proved to be faulty. I tried with two routers able to transmit on 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz.
    Well i tried the box with both the routers on both the frequences and isn't working. Ok is not big deal cause i use it wired but... what if i change postion of ther router in the future?

So I am returning it for real this time, i have it already packed waiting for the carrier. I am really pissed off, cause i liked a lot the Zidoo box and even its problems: they was motivating me to find solutions for me and for you all as well. but now i am sick and tired of it :D

Well, this means i am not partecipating anymore to the forum and it's kind of sad, cause it was funny to collaborate with you for the sake of this Android Box. Sadly those are the last two days i had to return it and i cannot wait the end of Chinese new year, risking 100 € that i'll invest in something else, hopefully better.
    A special thanks to @wooolf one of the most active members here: he talks about himself like and oldtimer... I'am an old timer as well, but i enjoyed his capacity to revive that kind of discussions only a "forum" is able to give (yeah guys I hate facebook :mad: BB RULEZ!!! :D)

Well, good luck to you andI hope to show my face here again every now and then.
    Bye and thanks you all!
    Kaneda79

2. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

If I still could I would have sent it back too, I waited too long to get involved in this forum...
    It was a shared plaisure to echange with you
    All the best to you

PS, let us know if you find a better working box!!!

kaneda79 likes this.
  3. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Well I bought a Nvidia shield 16Gb, this evening I try it. It promises a lot (even has Plex server, not just the app but a server able to transcode videos for other devices and send them over internet). Price is too high anyway, considering I am not so interested in games, the best feature of the Shield is cloud gaming in fact.

sfanetti likes this.
  4. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

please tell me if it's a good box, beause I am very interested on nvidia shield.
    Thanks

kaneda79 likes this.
  5. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

@sfanetti: I'll let you know. If you're Italian (your name looks like) I am going to write a review in two or three days on Amazon.it, like I did for H6 Pro.

sfanetti likes this.
  6. Alchimist

Alchimist New Member

sfanetti , io ho la shield. Va alla grande. io l'ho comprata sullo store nvidia a 190euro circa, più o meno un anno fa. Mio fratello l'ha presa su amazon questo autunno (no col black friday) e l'ha pagata 130euro senza gamepad.

7. Simon Wheway

Simon Wheway New Member Beta test group

Can you guys keep it English please as I’m also interested to hear your views on the nvidea.

8. sfanetti

sfanetti Member Beta test group

Very good. the shield has an internal player or only kodi? there are problem with jerky videos or auto frame rate switch?
    thanks

9. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Good question. I have the shield now, but I didn't notice cause I went directly for Kodi and Plex. There is a shortcut in the home screen to "pictures and video", but it works with internal storage, while my stuff is collected on a NAS. Today I try and tell you. Kodi and Plex run smoothly, no frame rate or flickering. Plex is preinstalled, is not only the player, is also Plex server (with transcoding capabilities). Well Plex is heavy when integrating media in his database and affect the playback because of network congestion. When it finish to scan for media, everything comes to normality.

sfanetti likes this.
  10. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Tried right now. No internal player. There is not a file manager app to find the video files in the storage. The "photos & Video" app I mentioned before is the classic "gallery" app that comes with android. You have to rely on external players. I have to admit that I miss the internal player of Zidoo H6 pro. It was very well done. Who knows if the apk works on android TV

sfanetti likes this.
  11. wooolf

wooolf Active Member

lol, sounds like you are going to make new friends on the shield forum :p
    May be I'll see you there soon o_O

kaneda79 and sfanetti like this.
  12. kaneda79

kaneda79 Member

Well, until now I prefer here, there is a little bit of help I can give! But I'll be pleased to find you even on the other forum :cool: