newby with a query

Discussion in 'ZIDOO H6 Pro' started by nodsa, Oct 8, 2017.

1. nodsa

nodsa New Member

Hi all,
    have purchased an h6 from amazon, can anyone tell me if this unit can be controlled by IR ?as hinted at

"

Other Interface
    1 * TF card reader SD card interface . Support 1GB/2GB/4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB
    1 * IR receiver
    1 * AV OUT Composite video and audio port (Cvbs output)
    1 * OPTICAL (2CH, 5.1CH)"

TIA
    nodsa

2. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

My H6 Pro works with Zidoo's IR remote from X7, X8 & X9S

3. Kris

Kris Member

not with my generic probox2 remote

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

you need a IR learning remote that will learn the IR siglans from the old remote for the box to work with other remote than the original one

Kris likes this.
  5. Kris

Kris Member

Thanks

6. nodsa

nodsa New Member

Hi guys, thanks for the quick responses,

is the X7/8/9 remote available as a seperate item ?

@Kris....yeah you got me, I'm trying to control H6 with a Broadlink rmpro, trouble is I need the "original IR remote" to learn the ir codes from..bit of a catch 22....

regards,
    ian

7. Kris

Kris Member

oh yeah u would need original IR remote lol. sometimes my blu tooth controller doesn't turn H6 pro on. which it would work with one of my IR remotes

8. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Isn't there a USB IR device you can buy that plugs into the PC so that you can send the Zidoo IR code to the programmable IR remote. Of course, you need the help of the Zidoo team to send you the PC file of the Zidoo IR remote code. For now, you can use a USB mouse as the remote for the time being, but you need the TV remote to control the volume.

Anyway, I have been out of touch with remote control for years, but I remember in the nineties that each product remote control has its own IR code-ID so that you can enter that ID into the multi-function IR remote and you are good to go. Does Zidoo remote have a IR code-ID?