new zidoo x9s

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by nick, Sep 14, 2016.

1. nick

nick New Member

hi guys and gals just thought i will post just to say ordered my x9s as soon as it went live and now can not wait to receive it looking forward to having a play what looks like a great item that is future proof and like to say a massive thank you for letting me join and hope to learn alot from all you members as im not very techy so this forum will help me alot so thank you and much appreciate all your hard work and time for getting the issues that you came across and sorting them

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

welcome :) nice to have you

3. nick

nick New Member

thank you just can not wait to get my shinney new x9s

4. spring

spring Guest

5. nick

nick New Member

May i ask a question about firmware and updates please as been reading all these posts about the zidoo x9s testers and its really about all these tweaks that members have found and i would like to know as a customer who as bought one of geekbuying will these updates and firmware be pushed out to customers or will we have to do these updates manually with usb stick or sd card as im getting quite confused over these issues as i want to know also will it come rooted or will we have to do this our self or is it best not to root the device as i am not a technical person and just would not know where to start so any help or advice would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

usualy there is a 1 week test done by us. then the update is pushed to box . you update using the update app using OTA ( over the air, the box downloads and install by itself )

. you can also do it manualy if you don't want to wait. just download the archive. go in update app. and select manual update. point it to the archive. the box will do the rest. it's easy :)

7. nick

nick New Member

thank you HaoSs i really appreciate your help but how do i root the zidoo x9s please

8. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

not sure there is a app for that . they may make one soon. or the box may already be rooted. don't have time right now to check

9. nick

nick New Member

ok thank you HaoSs much appreciated

10. GoldBar

GoldBar Member

Hello, happy to join the forum as a new member ...waiting impatiently for my new X9S to arrive.
    There are 2 things I'm concerned about:

1. Based on comparative testing done, the x9s seems to be very slow. That is quite a worry considering it's priced as a high-end product. Similar to the shield price.
    I hope Zidoo can do something about it with new firmware releases. Based on the H/W this product should be no.1 on the market.

2. Support for Skype - does anyone know what webcams can be connected to the x9s ?
    Thanks

11. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

the box is far from slow :) , keep in minde . kodi has not the fastest interface on planet. even on windows. there is some slowness to it. but runs good on x9s, it's not slower then on other devices.

can't say anything about skype. i use my phone for that.

12. spring

spring Guest

you can use the YUV camera, like the logitech