new x9 and no instructions or set up guide

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9' started by stvsxm, May 25, 2017.

1. stvsxm

stvsxm New Member

hi, I bought a new x9 and it arrived with no user manual or set up guide or instructions. the downloads on the site are no help. does anyone have a usable link that will allow me to start from scratch and set this thing up ? I am trying to record from an hdmi source and then play back thru an hdmi source.

steve

2. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

are we talking about x9 or x9s ? x9 is almost 3 years old model and sadly there is not much support for it.

3. stvsxm

stvsxm New Member

I don't need support... I need an operating manual

4. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

i don't think they make operation manuals. box is just android trimmed down with some dedicated app's , any official info can be found here, https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support.html . again x9 is old. So you may have to dig the info up if it's still there.

for hdmi recording you can find some info here :

5. stvsxm

stvsxm New Member

thank you. ill look at those .... I find it fascinating that a device I bought 6 mos ago is three years old and beyond that that you speak of it as if it was found buried under the pyramids. does 3 years old make something completely obsolete these days ? and on a specific note... when I get in the menus they only stay on screen for a few seconds ... not enough time to figure them out. is there any way to increase that "time on target " ?

6. HaoSs

HaoSs Well-Known Member

will, to be honest, the whole IT industry has bin crazy for the past years. every year you have new phone, new CPU, new Graphics cards, my x6 pro is starting to age, and it's under 1 year old. I don't see TV boxes lasting more than 2 years. Not with the current flow of new SOC's that are getting more and more powerful and google s*tting major android updates every year.

P.S. i don't get the " when I get in the menus they only stay on screen for a few seconds " part