Resolved New remote function

Discussion in 'ZIDOO X9S' started by JohnS, Mar 2, 2018.

1. JohnS

JohnS Member

Hi! Quick question to x9s owners with the new remote. Does the "stop" button works? The "FWD" "REV" buttons work also like putting 2x 4x the playback speed or only jumping forward (as with the old remote)? Should I update to new remote?Thank you!

2. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

1) yes
    2) don't use FWD or REV, I use right and left arrow

3. JohnS

JohnS Member

Thank you. Could you possibly check for 2); I also use left right arrows but it just jumps 10-20sec when I really need fast forward so if Ffwd is supported I'm gone buy one

4. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I believe that you must press the left arrow and follow the time bar below and press "ok" or "enter" when you get near the time you want.

5. JohnS

JohnS Member

Yes I know that but sometimes in a "boring" fraction of the film you just need 2x or 4x(not to miss any important thing )! Do you have the new remote? Can you test it for me? Thanks!

6. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

I use only the original remote! For me it's fine! :)

7. appman1234

appman1234 New Member

The FWD and REV are working, speed will change from 2x, 4x, up to 32x.

8. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Yes, it's working. Rewind (RW) and FastForward (FF) in Steps with 2 x, 4x, and so on up to 32x, too. But only with the Extemed IR, not with the "Standard" Remote Controller. With the smaller "Standard" Remote you must go over the GUI, directly with IR Buttons it isn't possible.
    The Arrow Buttons let you jump to next/previous File. Pressing Cursor Up and Down jump to next/previous Chapter, and holding and pressing left/right Cursor Buttons, you can jump very fast in the movie to a certain place, but do not wind in steps.

If you short press right / left, you can do 10 seconds forward and backward jumps.

And that's just too short in my opinion. Here you should go up to 30s or 60s, otherwise the jumps are much too short.
    Zidoo should have left the forward and rewind on the arrow keys.
    The jump to the next video file could have been realized by pressing the chapter button twice in a row. Unfortunately, with the standard remote control, you no longer have direct rewinding, at least not with different speeds. Must go over GUI.

That's why I bought the extended remote, here everything works as it should.

If you have a Logitech Remote, you can realize all about it, then you need no other.

JohnS likes this.
  9. JohnS

JohnS Member

Thank you! I'm waiting for mine to arrive!

10. JohnS

JohnS Member

Quick question: I want to use the "learn" function on remote. Which one is the "SeT" button?

Never mind I found it, it's the "gear" button

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018