New firmware v2.2.56 beta version for ZIDOO Z9S release

Discussion in 'ZIDOO Z9S' started by mirror, Mar 30, 2019.

1. mirror

mirror Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Zidoo TECH Supporter

Change Logs:

Syetem
    1.Optimized https download of transmission in openwrt
    2.Fixed random no sound occurred in extreme NFS and SMB internet environment .
    3.Fixed abnormal play of Individual source .
    4.Added chapter selection of MKV videos.
    5.Added Control 4 certificated drive. Drive download:https://drivers.control4.com/solr/drivers/browse?q=zidoo&fq=certified:"true"
    6.FIxed Individual TV’ (Such as Samsung KS series) splash screen problem when plays in 4K 24Hz 10bit YUV444.
    7.Fixed no dispaly of some TV when restart them after sleep mode.
    8.Optimized system stability .

Launcher
    1.Fixed date display way of main interface when language setting in Chinese

Music
    1.Optimized accuracy of matching .
    2.Optimized stability .
    3.Optimized SACD matching and added matching of info files.
    4.Added matching function of album.
    6.Optimized analysis of album related information.

Home Theater
    1.Fixed possible program exception error caused by cancel collection.
    2.Optimized searching way that the post wall will continue matching by first letter, and will show the movie with high matching degree first
    3.Fixed virtual Key Layout of searching interface.
    4.Fixed date no update when NFO matched films rematched to be TMDB films .
    5.Fixed invalidation problem of INFO key and POP key in third layout of main interface.
    6.Fixed the black line showed in the right part of the too long headline in second layout of main interface.
    7.Optimized matching accuracy of post wall
    8.Optimized interface display of main interface’ left pane .

Quick Setting.
    1.Added play modes setting .

Local Player
    1. Added chapter selection of MKV videos.

Blu-Ray Navigation
    1. Optimized accuracy of Blu-Ray Navigation

HDMI IN
    1.Added sustaining record function when HDMI output turned off.

RS232
    1.Fixed crash problem when sending order to fast.

Model:ZIDOO_Z9S
    Version:v2.2.56
    Download url:http://apidl.zidoo.tv/Z9S/v2.2.56/ZIDOO_Z9S_N_v2.2.56_201904021811_ota-package.zip
    MD5: 474B59E0BF2B22116EDCB9079B3A00A9
    Upgrade method:OTA

If you have installed google play kit, please reinstall it after upgrade.

How to upgrade

Known issue : HT2 unable to scan local devices, please install the below version.
    Update: HT2 2.1.9 solved the auto update function.

HT2 2.1.9:
    http://apidl.zidoo.tv/app/zidoo_poster_v2.1.9.apk

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    gymnos, ikkjr, leonkoum and 1 other person like this.
  2. akan7

akan7 Member

Thanks

3. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

The changelog didn't mention what have been fixed in details. I have to try it though.

Thanks

4. xskip

xskip Active Member

Thank you.

5. xtripsnova

xtripsnova Member

I upgraded to this version but the Z9S stays in the bedroom. I am through doing tests for Zidoo. I will wait for you guys to tell me if that thing is more stable now before I move it back the Home Theater system.

6. afss

afss Active Member

Thank you Zidoo team - Going to upgrade now !

7. Emphyrio

Emphyrio Member

as i discribe in "Black screen 10 bits" topic, no change for my black screen issue....

gymnos likes this.
  8. blenky

blenky Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a biiger overhaul of HT2. For example a sensible way to segregate movies from TV by source! Also Collection management is lacking.

Also no mention of force subs in blu ray

Anyway I have installed the new version and TBH I don't see much improvement. Hopefully this fixes many of the issues that others have reported that I don't seem to be plagued with.

Update: still issues with full BD menus. My test disk is Aliens which has never worked (logo and then black screen) on the Z9S but opens just fine on my Dune HD Pro 4K. Still the same :-<

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
  9. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Gave it a go with FW 2.2.55 and here some quick findings:

Music Player 3.0

- A lot more stable than previous versions playing PCM formats (MP3 and FLAC). Also plays at the correct sample rates and looks to be practicable usable for that now. This includes DTS-CD, MCH FLAC albums and CUE sheet processing.
    - SACD playback at 176.4 kHz a kind of works only. I am using ISO images and these occasionally produce distortion. For 2-channel ISO it is far less than with 5.1 Channel ISO's which is almost instant. Did not try DSF/DFF formats as I keep only the original ISO plus FLAC conversions for MCH SACD's specifically.
    - Lyrics works better and finds those regularly. Not displaying the wrongs ones (at least not seen thus far).
    - When my USB DAC is plugged in audio is silenced immediately (no APP's for it installed). May require to stop the Music Player to get audio back after unplugging it again. This regardless the setting for USB Audio in audio setup.
    - During playback essential metadata is shown now below the disc rotating. Curious: MB is shown as MIB and GB as GIB! For me MIB is Men In Black!
    - The library still does not look at my naming/ordering/nesting of folders and match the songs belonging to a specific folder to the matching album indicated by the folder name. Have this with all music players and ignore the feature altogether, mostly select albums/songs using the file browser instead.

System
    - During testing ran a few times into a hung condition during power-off. The front panel will then show "bye" remaining stuck there.
    - Interesting I have exactly the same problem with my Zidoo X9S as with my Egreat A11: the UHD + HDR + Atmos combination works only without sound hiccups if the HDD is connected via SATA as USB3 will not work. Changing just the sound to any other format will run just fine also via USB3. Looks like an Android thing to me as in fact USB3 bandwidth should be higher that the HDD can deal with via SATA.
    - Installed also again Google Play Store and USB Audio Player Pro. Both are working.
    Need to find out what the correct sequence is to power-up and connect things as that does not go smooth. But once running USB Audio Player Pro can use the USB DAC and fact may run in the background doing so. The USB Audio switch in audio setup remaining on "Off".
    One can even use Music Player 3.0 via HDMI and USB Audio Player Pro via the DAC concurrently!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    gymnos and Reelyator like this.
  10. x9suser

x9suser Member

I think black screen problem is solved for my Samsung KS 7000. No black screen last 45 min watching Logan 4k hdr 23hz (yuv444/10 bit bt2020). My connection is directly to TV.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
  11. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

Hopefully this fixed version is going to be better than 2.2.55.

Zigourney likes this.
  12. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Is the Z10 version of 2.2.56 coming out today as well?
    If yes, will test tonight when I get home from work.

13. x9suser

x9suser Member

Anyone test this 2.2.56 yet? Did it solve the crash problem for some people ?

14. Zigourney

Zigourney Active Member

Just got home from work, downloading now, will test tonight and feedback late night.

15. x9suser

x9suser Member

Oh no! This 2.2.56 supposed to be emergency version to fix the crash problem of 2.2.55 for some people. What new problems did they create ?

16. Deano86

Deano86 Active Member

The bottom line of the changelog shows this:

Known issue : HT2 unable to scan local devices, we will release a new HT2 APK to solve it later.

gymnos and xskip like this.
  17. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

Let me precede this post by saying that I haven't installed this firmware yet, and don't intend to because my Z9S performs absolutely perfectly with 4K MKV remuxes (but only after a full USB reset to v1.7.8 and then an OTA update into v2.1.40). And when I say absolutely perfectly, I mean exactly that - flawless playback of any 4K HDR file I throw at it - no resyncs, no missed or skipped frames, no audio dropout.

However, I know many of you do not share this experience, so...

Specific features notwithstanding (UHD Menu which is of no interest whatsoever to me) it seems that the main issue to be tackled at the moment is that 4k23 10-bit 444 does not sync correctly with quite a wide variety of HDMI chains (when I say 4K23, this encompasses 23.976/24/30Hz) which manifests in what has been dubbed the "Black Screen Issue".

In my past experience with Realtek 1295 boxes (Dune, Zappiti and Zidoo X9S) I have seen various instances of instability with 4K23 10-bit 444 playback.

Specifically, I've seen black screen dropouts with the X9S and the Zappiti and severe instability with the Dune, particularly with the latest firmware (dropout, sparklies and screen tearing).

But ONLY at 4k23 10-bit 444, and ONLY with specific HDMI chains.

On these old 1295 boxes, if you switch to 4k23 12-bit 444 all these issues go away, which is odd given the extra bandwidth it requires. It's not exactly stressing the HDMI chain, but it is considerably faster than 4K23 10-bit 444, so this behaviour would not be expected and points to some bizarre issue that the Realtek SOC has with 4k23 10-bit 444.

So let's extrapolate this to the 1296. Not a hugely dissimilar SOC - in fact, very very similar - and it would seem that maybe, just maybe that SOC has the same problem.

Zidoo have stated that they have purposely disabled 4k23 12-bit 444, so even if you choose that mode, the output will still be 10-bit - Something I confirmed with the Vertex and queried with them which lead to their confirmation - so it's not possible for the box in its current iteration to output 4K23 12-bit 444.

My suggestion would be that if this black screen issue persists, then 4K23 12-bit 444 should be reinstated, because I have a feeling it will solve issues for a lot of people.

Worth try at least eh?

Just my 2c.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    gymnos likes this.
  18. x9suser

x9suser Member

If you read my feedback for 2.2.55, the black screen already solved for my Samsung KS7000. For some others , still unsolved, like using certain projectors.

The new problem of 2.2.55 is the crash problem experienced by some when playing 4k movies.

2.2.56 supposed to be emergency version to solve crash problem.

19. Markswift2003

Markswift2003 Well-Known Member SUPER Administrator Beta test group Contributor

That's why I said "if this issue persists...".

Welcome to the club, but let's wait and see if it's a universal fix.

20. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

Took the plunge too (as I have a working alternative below this box). Got a scary moment immediately as the FW was unpacked and the message "Don't power Off or unplug" stayed on screen for 10 minutes. Took the brave step ignoring it and powered it off using the switch. Remember I had a problem with FW 2.2.55 that it would remain stuck on Bye too. When powered back on it started to install the new FW as it should have done automatically. This time it rebooted automatically with the new FW. OK so much for step one.

1) My problem with the USB ports is not solved. Plug in something and another port stops working etc. In fact I want to use 4 USB ports (HDD with movies on USB3, HDD with music on USB3, DAC on USB2 and Pointer Mouse on USB2), They all work but never concurrently. I may get both HDD's and DAC or Pointer mouse working after several plug ins/outs at max.
    Use the same setup with Egreat (Android 5) and Dinobot (Android 7) media players and those work flawless.
    2) Did not see a system freeze yet. The performance of the system is good thus far.
    3) The audio distortion problems with DSD ISO's conversion to PCM are still there (MCH ISO is worse). Have only a single SACD with all extraction formats for testing but DSF/DFF seem to work better?
    Interesting detail only have one DSD128 and that one is played at 88.2 kHz instead of 176.4 kHz. Also displayed like that in the meta data under the rotating disc. Not a real problem but strange it is for sure.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    pcristi likes this.