New firmware v2.1.14 beta version for ZIDOO X9S released(Music 3.0 upgrade to 3.1.8)

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by zidoo, Sep 26, 2018.

1. movd

movd New Member

I think most that are reporting this issue are changing their refresh rate to match the source. So, with 24p (we really mean 23.976) the video is at 24 fps and the display refresh rate is set to 24Hz. I think almost all TVs can do this - 60Hz or 120Hz panels, which means you are always playing 1:1.

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

i had tried my 4k hdr bd.iso on my hd ready tv and i think X9S did a very good job

and this is the comparison when using HDR support tv
    below one is hd ready tv and the other is UHD HDR tv

sorry if the video is not satisfying, just using phone camera :(

3. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Correct. Even my laptop display being 60 Hz has 48 Hz mode that would make it egzact 24 fps display since LCD panels don’t have any flicker or other issues. We are passed that stage deeper into Zidoo’s ability to properly produce 23.976 fps film at correct pixel clock rate.

4. xazar

xazar New Member

Dziękuję !!! :)

5. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

The first issue you describe is exactly what is really bugging me lately. I just had two WEB-DL movies in 23.976 that had 4.5 Mbps too and were stuttering/having slowdowns all the time. Everything else runs perfectly fine and smooth.

I can't remember having this in earlier firmwares. What do you guys recommend? Downgrade to 2.0.25 (if even possible)? I've read the issue started at .32/.34.

6. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

A Zappiti post of same issue but on AVC High@4.1 no issues ?

I've spoken to Zappiti and they advise the following:

"The bug of shuttering in 23.976 Hz comes from realtek SDK. We cannot solve it by ourself. But there is this bug only on AVC High@4.0 and VC-1 codecs versions. No issue on AVC High@4.1 or other versions. Try all the settings in "AUTO' for the best results."

7. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe Zappiti did fix something with High@4.1 but it would need to be confirmed. All boxes based on Realtek RTD 1295 or new 1296 chipsets from Zidoo, Zappiti and Dune share the same set of frame related issues.

I'm trying to collect most of the info in this thread here.

We had post regarding firmware 1.5 with lower stutter issue here. Looks like Web-Dl stutter was introduced after 2.0.15 from this post here. If someone rolled back because of stutter can you please comment on what issue you had with latest 2.1.14 and what did previous firmware fixed for you.

Any links to Zappiti forum with users confirming no issues whatsoever with any micro stutter on latest firmware would be appreciated.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  8. DELUCAS

What i read was on AVC High@4.0 and vc1 codecs stutter
    AVC High@4.1 or other versions no stutter

Does that help in this frustration / issue ?

9. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't help :(
    It's like reading specs on the box. No manufacturer will ever admit "support HEVC and h.264 with slight micro stutter" ;)

I wonder if Zappiti actually fixed something or they just can't see or admit to the problem. They only acknowledged first issue with strong stutter. Still better then Zidoo that never acknowledged or commented on any stutter issue at all.

I'm looking for someone who can see micro stutters (doubled frame) issue with Zidoo first, has Zappiti and can confirm that it's not there.
    People that have multiple boxes say that the micro stutter related to Zidoo and Dune does not exist in Nvidia Shield with the same source files.

I still like Zidoo for all other stuff but come on, it's about time to fix it. The worse part is that the new chipset RTD 1296 has the same issue :(

10. DELUCAS

From Zappiti it Reads

"The bug of shuttering in 23.976 Hz comes from realtek SDK. We cannot solve it by ourself. But there is this bug only on AVC High@4.0 and VC-1 codecs versions.

Are Zappiti owners starting to see the issue now ?

11. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I'm just questioning the part: "No issue on AVC High@4.1 or other versions."

This is where Realtek RTD 1295 and 1296 has the micro stutters (doubled frame) issues with all boxes.

12. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

its very nice if you want to downgrade to see if the problem exist or not
    sorry for this i cannot help you coz almost all my files for tv show are Hevc web-dl encoded with lower bitrate and all my movie files with Hevc 10bit bluray encoded

13. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Despite all your good efford, and what i appreciate alot, i think now its time to let it go..... Just sing the song..let it go...

This realtek chip was designed for nas systems but not great received by nas manufacturs .
    So what they did is not take their losses, but instead they sold all the chips to Chinese "El Cheapo" android media boxes compagnies.
    Now this forum is the resolt.

14. Theeraphon

Theeraphon Member

I just watched last night an episode of a series (WEB-DL) with AVC main@L4.0. I got stutters once every 10 mins or so. I assume what Zappiti support said is true. I rarely come across this type of files. So I will just 'let it go' as Ekul said.

15. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

There was too much effort put into the player from Realtek side to be dedicated NAS chip. Look at 4K HDR and Atmos audio. Now is almost 2 years and not much for competition at low price.

16. Gedeon

Gedeon Member

I'm just starting to wonder if this HW will ever see again a new and reliable firmware to play typical H264 and HEVC files without flaws while passing-through the HD audio to the receivers.

It's the only thing I expect from it.

17. Franconian

Franconian Active Member

I'm considering to downgrade to 2.0.15 if that fixes the WEB-DL stutter issue.

Is there anything huge that Zidoo fixed with 2.0.25, 2.0.34 and 2.1.14 regarding video playback that would keep me from doing it (I never felt improvements while watching my files but that may be luck). I don't care at all about Posterwall, Hometheater 2.0, Music or other stuff, just using ZDMC to play my MKV h264 and h265 files.

So if I can avoid WEB-DL stutter with the downgrade I will do it, if it breaks something else I rather live with not watching those special WEB-DL files anymore.

18. Appie72

Appie72 New Member

I kept tuning colors on my TV and having some stutter problems an some kind of halo around moving people in movies. Flashed back to 2.0.15 an damn! Picture is much more vivid and x9s overall works better for me! Picture quality is most important to me! Hope in mext firmwares this is also good!

19. burton

burton Member

is it me or the picture quality in zdmc is worse than zidoo player, and why?

20. 3DBuff

3DBuff Well-Known Member

I think it’s you;)

The default player in ZDMC is Zidoo Player. You need edditional steps to start Kodi Player in ZDMC. With this you you will have constant skipped frames outside of other audio and video quality losses.

Players and differences here.

Kodi Player issues here.