New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Sommerman

Sommerman New Member

I confirm!

2. 4kHD

4kHD New Member

I also had this error you will have to change the server port from 8080 to something else and then it is fixed, Nice App HT2.0 but still not a match for ZDMC please continue the support for ZDMC also

3. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

Could you please post steps or instructions on how to use the PC browser feature? Thanks!!

4. filip kenens

filip kenens Member

Hi,if i want to search subtitles of the serie fargo or shooter or taken it only search for the movies of that name not the episodes,is there a workaround to find the subs ?

5. 40021234

40021234 New Member

1)I cannot use the "Clear" App Addition function to manage self-starting APPs. It just show a black screen when I click it function. And also, the function name only show English. I am using Chinese Traditional language.

2)I cannot find the mobile app to control the X9S. Is it search it in Google Play and directly download?

6. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

I really like the new HT2 as it is very functional and still having a simple and intuitive UI. :)

There are some flaws needing attention:
    - The biggest one is that any DVD is being detected and handled as a BD. Specific DVD support needs to be added for sure. :oops:
    - A smaller thing is adding a scroll feature for the Movie Description. Many descriptions don't fit within the designed space and remain only partially readable.

It is good that HDD are now identified by the HW-ID making them unique. Personally I would have preferred the "Volume Label" to be used for that as it would allow me to move to bigger HDD's by just copying the content to a new HDD. A Volume Label is also far more meaningful. Maybe it can be added as a user choice?

Thanks for the hint to using a Long Click for OK or Pointer Mouse movements. It indeed worked. :D

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    godalmighty and JohnS like this.
  7. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

for me, my PC and X9S was connect to the same networking (router)
    then i check what is my X9S ip address that given from my router
    you can check in the menu from HT2.0 (settings---abort), for example my X9S is 192.168.102:9528
    then type it in PC browser, i use mozilla, chrome is what they recomend
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  8. Nice Monkey

Tried to play "DTS Demo Disc Vol.21 2017" handed out at CES but the player crashes trying to process the UHD BD Menu.
    There are more UHD's causing the player to crash. This one e.g. played correctly on Egreat, but some are not played by any media player yet.

9. Sommerman

Sommerman New Member

I tried different ports but every time when ZDMC starts, error message pops up: Remote communication server failed to start.

Marcell P likes this.
  10. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

It was finally fixed the error, the 1080 60i interlaced BD movies were played only with 30 FPS. Thank you very much !!! :):D

But .... why was the color scheme in the Media Center or Zidoo Explorer changed from the beautiful yellow, to the boring, pale and darker current scheme ?! I do not like that at all. I found it more beautiful before, and also clearer. Could not that have been left? The app icon from the Media Center (Zidoo Explorer) is still yellow.

It's "only" optical in nature, but that was a big positive difference at Zidoo, unlike many other media players just have a boring surface. Very Pity...:rolleyes::(

11. Ekul

Ekul Active Member

Still very bad and no fixes at all.
    Internal utf-8 subtitles all errors and not useable.
    Most files goes into slow motion every 12 minutes. Unacceptable !
    25/30 fps files still wrong output (no de-interlacing) It should be 50/60 fps for smooth playback.

Subtitle settings like font or size not remembered anymore, with every new movie start its back to standard.
    Internal to external option...takes 30 min for 1 episode of 40 min... completely useless.

Ht 2.0 scans only 50% of info..and most of them wrong. The rest of files not found. Too much errors...kodi all files 100% match. Impossible to work with.

Yet another complete failure of zidoo.
    Back to 14.6...also not perfect, but better than this latest crap.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  12. godalmighty

before this i have tried .BDMV 4K HDR TrueHD and the BD menu work fine
    i think it would be the same with HT2.0

13. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hello godalmighty,

we are talking about the iso disc demo atmos and DTS

the BD menu with ISO Dolby Atmos 2014/15 and 16 does not work on the Zidoo (they work properly on the Egreat.)

in my case there's just the disc demo DTS 2016 vol.20 that works

why disc demo atmos does not work ... it's the total mystery

see you

14. ikkjr

ikkjr New Member

Minor bug report regarding subtitle:

External Srt (UTF-8) format:
    On some movie files (MKV or BDMV or ISO), the first few subtitle lines didn't showed up, and then showed all-together as one subtitle after a few minutes. On the other hand, the external srt subtitle is flawless on some other movie files.

I've done a little test regarding this issue.

External SRT Subtitle file for testing in UTF-8 format:
    00:00:55,000 --> 00:00:59,000
    Line 1

00:01:30,000 --> 00:01:34,000
    Line 2

00:02:00,000 --> 00:02:05,000
    Line 3

The above subtitle file being shown perfectly in movie File-A but not in File-B, so I suspect the bug may due to detection of time frame in movie file instead of the external SRT file.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    Errol likes this.
  15. godalmighty

is it same when your have .iso or .bdmv file compare with the disc?
    coz i dont have a bluray player :(

so in that case Hisilicon chip is more powerfull than Realtek?

16. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

I do not know,

I do not have problems with the BD menu of my movies (ISO/BDMV - HD and UHD HDR), only with demo disc Atmos.

see you

17. Dragos

Dragos New Member

hy, in zdmc/kodi witch port to use for web server to work with allow remote control from application on another systems ?

thanks

18. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

[/spoiler][/QUOTE]
    That works, thanks!!

19. MaisonD

MaisonD New Member

I got a puzzling one... When I plug this thru my Anthem AVM60, I get 4K BT709 only, no BT2020 or HDR. When I plug directly to the TV, then I'll get 4K HDR BT2020, very odd. Could anyone help?

20. Nice Monkey

There are more UHD titles not working (neither on Egreat and even PowerDVD 17). Try "Close encounter of the 3rd kind UHD" for instance. It has multiple cuts on it and as such is essential.