New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X9S release

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

Will Displays and proff monitors show this less or even 1080p 24fps monitors
    As i find each screen is diff to others and they all have diff chipsets inside to manage the input to panels .

Plus Plasmas handle motion quite well compared to lcd .

2. godalmighty

godalmighty Active Member

on what 1080p? 24hz,25Hz,30hz,50Hz or 60hz?
    regullary i just set 1080p 24hz 12bit YCbCr 4:4:4 and auto switch for frame rate only

yes luckly my eyes not that sensitive to catch the stutter, need to focus and special motion like running bar test
    but in movie, maybe they have stutter but i cannot notice it
    all i concern is about the playback with the auto switch frame rate at the first start, its very annoying

DELUCAS likes this.
  3. DELUCAS

Every tv / monitor is different and set up is different and our eyes also .
    The more Expensive your screen is or Newer / older even or type of screen ( Oled ) you may see less ?

Hence why many just dont see it
    If you start using callibration Equipment and test samples you will end up spotting something .

It is a £99.00 mobile android device not a £650.00 Oppo .

godalmighty and JohnS like this.
  4. JohnS

JohnS Member

My point exactly!

DELUCAS likes this.
  5. godalmighty

eparate
    i got this box for $82.40 :p
    that why i love this box very much and lucky i have un sensitive eyes too
    and about switch frame rate only, why Q10pro can switch the content before they play it

blasiusx and DELUCAS like this.
  6. hdmkv

hdmkv Active Member Beta test group

I'm back to f/w v1.5.0 ... all beta and test versions above this have had the SMB issue or w/most recent 4K movies not opening w/native player. Looking forward to (re-)using the new GUI w/a proper f/w update... and learn when X20 is coming out (hopefully soon).

7. DELUCAS

Delay on the Dune version think Late May / June ?
    But Zidoo X20 pro should be here by now ?

Software issues with chipset i beleive for release delay .......
    But be interesting which comes out first as they are the same as such .

8. OlivierQC

OlivierQC Well-Known Member

hi all,

I have no news for the x20, it is surely delayed as the Dune.

9. JohnS

JohnS Member

What issue exactly?

10. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I noticed the following problem, but only since the version 2.0x this occurs: when MPEG2 video as MKV (For example, TV series) are played at the same time continously, and the new Video begiins, the picture starts to jerk sometime after an indefinite time.It looks like, As if frames are thrown away. You then have to stop the playback and restart. Then it works again and Playback is smooth. Unfortunately this happens in all regularity.
    You have to stop the playback regularly and restart, then the playback is smooth. At the Auto Frame Rate it is not, according to the display, the switch to the right.

11. PacoRabanne

PacoRabanne Well-Known Member Beta test group

I can confirm some issues:
    1. MP4 files sometimes stutters after some playing time. Only video part, audio is OK. Is like as bunch of frames are skipped and the visible frame stays freezed for the same time.
      Strangely, if I remux the exact same video in MKV, it plays perfectly...
    2. very often videos starts without audio. Some times, waiting some seconds audio reappears, some other I need to stop and restart.
    3. often, after a few minutes of video playing, video stops with a message like "impossible to play video".
      but restarting the video and skipping near the previous stop point (even before!), video plays without any other stop
    If I detect other evident issue, I'll report.

P.S. Is there a way to play a UHD ISO in reliable way? Is it possible via (wired) network (Win10 SMB share) or only through directly connected device?
    I've only one ISO, and I see only a rotating circle for a very long time, but no video starts. BD Menu appears, but choosing a chapter give same result (rotating circle)

12. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

I confirm the Issues you described in Point 1 and 2.

But it stutters not only with MP4. In MKV, too. They are all coded from MPEG2 DVD Movies, mostly 25 FPS progressive.

It looks like if frames are thrown.

13. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

This is a poor fallback excuse. My x10 cost $220 US from Amazon, direct from Zidoo, and has the same exact issues as the x9s. That's not chump change. My old Mede8er was cheaper than that and has no stutter issues. In fact, my $100 WDTV Live player has no stutter issues either.

My blu-ray player only cost around $150 but I don't see it dropping frames.

A $220 player should be able to play DVDs. This player doesn't as I documented (4:3 is displayed wrong for both PAL and NTSC DVDs, making it worthless as a DVD player).

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  14. DELUCAS

The X9s will have the same issues as the x10
    As it shares the same Motherboard etc

So therotically its a £99 mobile android box
    The firmware is a beta so work in progress .......

I think personally for you should just return your box
    As your clearly your not happy but many others are on here .

As everyone watches things diff and diff set ups etc .

Buy an Oppo 203 but im sure that will have niggles to .

Its £99.00 box or as someone said here $86.00
    Its cheap for a reason .......

You just hotta wait for them to address issues when thats the $$$ question .

Testing new version now see if it adresses some issues and adds some more options
    Which im not complaing about .

Last edited: Mar 9, 2018
  15. cucnz

cucnz Active Member

i play uhd ISO,or complete 4k disk rips ,or just usual mkv remuxes fine via lan/smb to pcs with external HDDS,or via HDD direct to usb3 on x9s ,with ZERO issues

i usually dont bother going thru the menu when playing the iso/complete files

device sitting in loading mode ,id say non 4k HDMI cable ? /or usb2 device ? ...either way sounds like low data rates

once youve set up the smb on PC etc it works well

16. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

Yes, its very angry,that the Zidoo cant switch the frame rate, before the video runs for 1 or 2 seconds. That disturbs the playback. But its much better than no AFR, like other devices. And at Zidoo, AFR actually works pretty well. Except for MKV H.264. For example, 60fps are not recognized correctly. Would still be nice if that would be improved.

o_O

17. godalmighty

can you tell me what AFR is for?
    coz i dont see what the diff when it set on or off, maybe i just dont notice it
    all i know the best PQ refered to what @ursiel did, YCbCr 4:4:4 12bit
    i tried with what @wesk05 said, "At this time, 1080p 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 has near perfect output (23.97608Hz)." maybe its goog for frame rate but not good for banding
    thats why i want to know what is AFR really do for?

18. blasiusx

blasiusx Member

AFR means Auto Frame Rate. If i deactivate the Frame Rate correction, for exmaple, 60FPS Videos stutters and don't run smooth anymore, if they were played with 50 FPS.

I can see it Clearly, that it don't run smooth. ;)

If you have mostly Videos with the same Frate Rate (like 24 FPS and only Cinema Movies) you don't need the AFR. But many Users like me have Recorded Home Videos, TV Dokus, Cinema Movies, TV Shows and so on from different Sources and with different Frame Rates like 24p (23.976), 25p, 30p, 29.97p, 50i, 50p, 60i, 60p, 59.94p.
    Without the Auto Frame Rate you would have to adjust the Frame rate yourself by hand, if you would prefer smooth playback :). And that would be very tedious.

godalmighty likes this.
  19. godalmighty

thanks...
    thats why i dont notice it, coz all my source is 23.976 and i set hdmi mode 1080p 24hz

to me this box is marvelous, cheap and powerfull :p
    thats why when i recieved this box with broken IR reciever, dont want to sent it back, just asking refund from the seller :D
    i bought this box from aliexpress and i live in diff country from seller, it cost me a lot to sent it back and get a new one
    just ask the seller $15 refund :p then i repaired it myself less than $1

JohnS and DELUCAS like this.
  20. ursiel

ursiel Active Member

You keep saying it's beta firmware, even though I have said that my x10 that shipped with the "stable" v1.4.16 also has the same issues (frame stutters, can't play DVDs properly, etc.).

And it doesn't mater that somebody paid $86.00 for the x9s. The fact is the x10 with all the same bugs and issues is $220. So they're charging up to $220 for a player that can't even play DVDs in the right aspect ratio.