New firmware v2.0.5 version(beta) for ZIDOO X10 release

Discussion in 'X10 Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Den

Den New Member

Probably, player incorrectly stops operation of an external disk

2. Den

Den New Member

I noticed such a feature - in the old firmware disk after some time stops the work, so when you turn off the player the disc does not make any sounds. In the new firmware, it seems that HomeTheater2.0 does not allow the disk to stop working, and therefore it turns off incorrectly.
    p.s. I set up HomeTheater2.0 and added an external disk to the library

3. DELUCAS

DELUCAS Well-Known Member

If the drive when you connect up to and usb port starts making louder noises than it normally does
    Its either signs of drive going faulty or it may need scanning or defragging to clean it up .
    Or it may just be getting old .

Either way back it up just in case .

4. Miguel Ramos

Miguel Ramos Active Member

Is it possible in the 2.0 to edit the movie that have a wrong match as in the Home Theater? This new version looks awesome and much more customizable with different views. It's important to be able to edit the wrong title and split the ones that are automatically aggregated. The collections are great. It could be also great the possibility of playing the movie trailers from imdb.com or other! :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  5. Sarco

Sarco Active Member Beta test group

Long click on poster will bring rematch option.

6. Miguel Ramos

Thanks a lot for the tip! ;)

7. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Does anybody know how to group titles? For example I have The Hobbit trilogy auto detected which is awesome, but most tv series it's not or it's just wrong. Is it possible to force somehow all files/titles under the same poster? Once you ungroup a bunch of titles (grouped wrongly for ex.) is there a way to regroup them in the correct way? Thanks!

8. Miguel Ramos

I miss the function of the "history" in the HT 2.0. I mean that sometimes I'm seeing several movies, with intermission within, and the history allows me to remember the recent ones that I'm seeing. Just an suggestion. I see there's a new one that is the "unseen" movies which is great!

Edit: In fact there's that option on the left side bar. Definitely from now on I'll use only the 2.0 version! :)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  9. domifer

domifer Member

When you long click on the title, it gives you several options, on of them is to add/remove to a collection. Also you can create new "groups" (Collections) and start adding titles / movies or series/ to it.

mediafan likes this.
  10. mediafan

mediafan New Member

Thanks I'll try straight away!

11. Miguel Ramos

Is it possible to program the "movie" button, in the remote control, to access directly to Home Theater 2.0 instead of the 1.0?

12. Miguel Ramos

I've updated my X10 with this new beta firmware, which includes the brand new awesome Home Theater 2.0, but inadvertently I've deleted the original Home Theater 1.0 version that came with the X10.

Now, not only the "movie" button in the remote control stop working, but also the "history" in the Home Theater 2.0 side bar does not present the movies I'm seeing.

O couldn't find any solution or answer in the community forum up to date.

Ive done a factory reset and reinstall the firmware, but it didn't work.

Can you please help me in repairing this issues?

Many thanks

13. domifer

domifer Member

If nothing else works, you can still do the upgrade once again, if that fails too, then try first "downgrading" to 1.5.0 then upgrade back back to 2.0.5 beta and see if Home Theater 1.0 is back again.

14. Miguel Ramos

I've tried to downgrade the firmware, but appeared a error message informing it's not possible to do it because it's an older firmware. As referred I've done a factory reset and reinstall the 2.0.5 firmware, but it didn't work. I've read somewhere to try to do a factory reset with the back button of the X10. Maybe with that procedure it will downgrade to the factory firmware and reinstall the original Apps. Not sure if it will works, but later I'll try and give feedback. Thanks for the tip.

15. domifer

domifer Member

If nothing else works then try the factory image flash, guide is in this link:

https://www.zidoo.tv/Support/support_guide/guide_target/7WjcmduqUFZKKmVViAFMcQ==.html

16. Miguel Ramos

17. nnay07

nnay07 Member

As explained by dominer, one solution is to reflash your unit, which is different from an upgrade. Or to find and reinstal the apk corresponding to HT1.0 (not sure it is available though)....
    An upgrade will upgrade the system files by new ones, while an flash will directly write 0 and 1 in the memory of your player, erasing everything and getting it back to a factory state (firmware, configuration,...). A factory reset will only reset the default configuration.

18. Sarco

All apps are found in ota firmware, open the zip file and search for it... I do not know the right path but it is not so hard to find.

19. Miguel Ramos

Thanks for your help. I've search in the zip file and i couldn't find any reference such as "Zidoo_HT_1.0" of any similar file name. Do you know what is the file name of the app?

20. Sarco

Zidoo app are locate in /system/preinstall/ zidoo home theater name is zidoo_theater.apk. may not be present in 2.0.5 I didn't check or HT2 have the same name in 2.0.5, you should try to search in 1.5