New firmware v1.4.4 version for ZIDOO X9S released

Discussion in 'X9S Official Firmware Releases' started by mirror, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kamil66

kamil66 New Member

bonjour pas disponible encore cette version du bla bla pour rien

2. Nice Monkey

Nice Monkey Well-Known Member Beta test group

A few comments on the various reactions:
    - The update list is impressive and worth the longer wait than usual . This is guessed to be related to the X10 launch, which just started shipping globally. I am pretty confident the actual FW comes in a couple of days. ;)
    - Glad to see that Blu Ray Menu and improved subtitle support are now formally released which are major add-on's. :)
    - Of course it (still) will not satisfy all as some bugs remain pending for sure and feature requests are plenty. :oops:
    - Overall it will make it a pretty advanced universal player which hopefully is also stable with no new bugs introduced. The version number 1.4.2 suggests ample testing since 1.3.0 Beta.

It will always be very easy to find a single feature or particular video/audio format which is handled flawless on another brand/type of player. This may even be a much older player (can give a few examples myself). Don't expect a single product to be best for everything as there are simply too many variables which even may be in conflict. Concluding it is a bad product because of that is simply incorrect and may even be called dishonest. If you really need those other feature(s) you may need to use multiple players as I do at least for the time being. :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  3. gaki

gaki Member

version number and amount of testing are not related

4. Nice Monkey

In most organisations they are: Major upgrade releases get more testing than minor releases and beta versions get minimal testing. In my perception v 1.4.2 also indicates that 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 were internal releases, but agreed there is no guarantee hence my wording "suggests".:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    javarix likes this.
  5. gaki

gaki Member

The first thing that comes to mind reading the version number gap is the amount of new features/fixes.
    Nowadays development cycles (agile scrum / extreme programming) have to be shorts, tests reduced to minimum and using customers as beta testers is the trend.
    Better deliver fast even if it's a bit buggy than deeply test and deliver a firmware only once a year.
    The time you spend testing for a perfect firmware, your hardware is already outdated.

Hence i'm excited to have a new firmware but not expecting a flawless, thoroughly tested one.

6. javarix

javarix Member

hello guys.

I read here many thanks, super, great, thank you, thank you very much.

but ... People for what do you really thank?:confused:

Thank you for an announcement ?o_O
    Zidoo are supposed to deliver the firmware.
    Then you can still thank you.
    Until now, it is just delaying and no more.
    Incomprehensible this reaction of some user.

7. gaki

gaki Member

Buy any other chinese brand android box and you'll understand how even firmware update announcements are appreciable.
    Last year i bought a Tronsmart box, never had a firmware update, they just released an new hardware instead with the new OS & Kodi.
    And when the brand got bad reputation about aftercare, they just rebrand/rename the products & company and they keep on ripping-off customers.
    They don't care if they're "supposed to deliver a firmware".
    Zidoo's history proves they don't only make announcement, they release firmware updates as well.

Finally, some psychology here : do you think remaining silent or being sceptical will motivate Zidoo devs to care about customers ?

flux1000 and jma64 like this.
  8. Gwadalolo

Gwadalolo New Member

Sorry but no, that's just pretty bad development... You do short cycles and you automate tests, reducing tests is pretty much the opposite of agile philosophy.
    Anyway we'll see when we have this release, but content is impressive :)

9. Wymagalski

Wymagalski New Member

I've never managed to update online. It's always updated manually. Why is it that online updates are not available at the same time as zip files are uploaded?

10. Nice Monkey

That is easy to understand. They want to be sure that an update works well without unforeseen complications first. When sure it all seems OK the massive OTA roll-out follows. Even that first step in often done following a beta test community tryout. Done so for multiple brands regularly myself and yes sometimes there is a catch.

11. gaki

gaki Member

That's the theory. But automated tests for users visual/audio experience (ie drop-outs, stutters ...), that's another story.

12. zkun1970

zkun1970 Member

Hello, I want also report a problem:
    Hdmi CEC & YaMaHa RX_V481 compatibility issues:
    1.V481 switch input source then back, TV display image;
    2.x9s by remote control small house keys, TV images lost display hdmi1;
    3 standby TV without image.

13. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Obviously, we all thank the Zidoo team for not dashing our hopes on new firmware release.... Zidoo team, you are our only hope to great entertainment boxes, may the force be with you!!!!

14. Ayokoya

Ayokoya Member

Gakisan, can you tell me what Tronsmart renamed themselves and their products into? I bought a total of 7 Tronsmart 95 Meta boxes for relatives and friends and really got burned on their Houdini act of disappearing firmware support.

15. francishe

francishe Member

thanks for your great job and news. eager to see release asap.

16. sem1903

sem1903 New Member

when is the release date ? coming soon very large time scheldue

17. juok

juok New Member

Will there be an update of openwrt?

18. jo23

jo23 Member

Any news about the 2160/23.976/10Bit screen blackout problem?

19. DaMacFunkin

DaMacFunkin Active Member

Oops don't mention the war.

20. havok42

havok42 New Member

thanks zidoo for the great work, I'm waiting for the new firmware....and I want also report a problem: I tried to play 2 interlaced videos (1080i; as you know, 1080p is for progressive videos, 1080i is for interlaced..) one HDTV and one D-Theater (around 23 GB each). The player works fine about everything, but the video is not deinterlaced (I mean, I can see every little "jump" frame by frame...). So, to watch these videos I still need to use my bluray player (of course, it deintelaces the video in real time automatically). Are you planning to fix this problem in future ?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    javarix likes this.